Zigzag Idiot

Zigzag Idiot and the ladder of Objective Reason

1,792 posts in this topic

Been enjoying this thread some today. Good medicine.

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

If the eye of Sauron had a shy bladder. That's what my experience feels like sometimes when I'm tripping.

I read some earlier this evening in the 5 meo dmt megathread and other spots in the forum. Some really good stuff encountered. I'm such a numbskull, I thought, for not engaging more while I read of others experience and knowledge. Then someone in a cynical mindset barbecued another's ass and served it back to them. Oh! I remember now why I like to stay in my own little corner of the world for the most part.

im a recovering cynic. It was a part of my prop for most of my life. Have always loved George Carlin. For the most part, having a cynical sense of humor is seen as cool. In a moment of clarity, I saw through that game. It's not worth it. Being cynical poisons the heart. A retreat from the world is necessary at times for my inner work. I've always had a tendency to be too 'thin skinned' and having a cynical sub persona gave me something to hide behind. It's been a long drawn out process in learning to let go of that stuff.

That's my favorite Koan!

It would be nice to attain the stability in the 2nd or 3rd tier as Ryokan . 

Good video too. I'll save it and watch again in the future as an alarm clock. Makes me realize I still have quite a few  triggers and more work to do in spotting and observing them. My work on myself seems to go 2 steps forward and one step back. Sometimes, 3 steps back,,,,,? Thanks @Marc Schinkel

I appreciate you.

Having just responded to a thread about what constitutes Love, My memory was triggered concerning a great version of the 

Bible that I read about 4 years ago. It's written in everyday language and It has wonderful illustrations also.

Actually it's a paraphrasing of the Bible but if you want to know what the Bible really says. 

I highly recommend it.

IMG_0474.JPG

IMG_0804.JPG

IMG_0577.JPG

@Keyhole, I hope you don't leave. I enjoy your perspective.

Being from a small town in the Bible Belt. I understand the repercussions of sharing too much personal information. Which I have done somewhat. 

Paraphrasing Ocke de Boer - A Conscious or an Awakening person needs to learn and interpret when one should go run and hide. Otherwise the surrounding 'sleeping' humans will peck one to death.

Anyway, Who knows what next week might bring. Peace and good luck with whatever you decide.

Psst,,,,, Earth is actually a Hell realm.

Maurice Nicoll's metaphor about it is that this planet is a pain factory. For me, I experienced this information at one time, as a relief.

Martin Butler's latest podcast is pretty much related to this idea.  

This was a very entertaining book. I didn't realize it was made into a movie.

is cognitive dissonance metaphorically a first cousin to psychic entropy?

Hmmm ,,, Probably more like a sibling.  ?‍♂️

The Gifts of the Simple Thank-You
by Dr. Jim Rosen
©2020 Dr. Jim Rosen

Gratitude lightens your heart.  The simple act of being grateful acknowledges that a gift has been given and received.  To merely pause and think a thank-you brings you closer to other people and engenders the feeling of oneness.  It soothes some of the loneliness, because your few moments of gratitude give recognition to the fact that you are not alone.  A simple thank-you, and you are opening your heart.  Your grateful heart brings love both to you and the others.  A touch of gratitude, just a few words, a little thought, and you are making room for love and closeness.  Your ego steps aside and the humble you stands forward.  Just a few drops of being grateful lets you receive a gift and give one back at the very same moment.

A Diamond In Your Pocket

If your the kind of person who has read The Power Of Now 20 times, you'll probably read The Diamond In your Pocket about 5 times.

Four poems by Arnold Keyserling

Meaning

You will come to your senses and discover yourself, when you finally and forever abandon self-pity and self-criticism.

Authenticity

Complete honesty requires a clear acknowledgement of your own style.

The New People will recognize one another by their authenticity and the values that they embody.

Truth

Only that truth which is recognized by all can become a fellow-being.

You should grow up around your grievous mistakes like a tree, and let them be, until one day they become a part of your strength, and they no longer hinder your ascent.

Thinking is a force, feeling leads to new motivations.

Remain receptive to both and truth will become attainable.

Truth is that knowledge which becomes one with being.

You will become one with being when all of your burdens and loves, objects and fears, sorrows and joys have found their place in the whole.

Sorrow

No one would make the decisive step without sorrow and doubt.

But taking that step has nothing to do with sadness.

It is shed like the skin of a snake.

The darkness is able to generate the right reason, one more difficult, but also better, than the next.

But it will not always be so.

Some day love will shine upon you.

Then sorrow will simply be the undertone of the resulting harmony.

The path is there from the very beginning.

Sometimes it is easier, sometimes harder.

But one thing is essential: the depth emerges from the strength of sorrow.

Without sorrow there is no course; without the course the path is not passable.

Mourn – not over the self – but over what is yet to be done.

Each day brings further sorrows, and eventually you will reach the original cause of sorrow.

Then you can finally begin the ascent back.

Rejoice in your sorrow, for the darkness will not remain with you much longer.

From - https://schoolofwisdom.com/visions-and-poems/

The elephant in the room.

In polite society it's just not spoken of too much. 

A whole afternoon of going at it sweaty as can be and doing it every-which-way like a couple of monkeys until saturation and exhaustion sets in. All the check marks are checked off and all that stuff.That's good for everybody. Two healthy consenting adults behind locked doors or the back yard with creative imaginations and a sense of humor. That can be good stuff! The unspoken but proverbial rainy day afternooner. Yet a fool or a cosmic jokester absolutely gets a free pass in announcing it. Why is that?

See how innocent I look? Smile, wink, nod.

Let the dishes pile up, we don't give a shit,,,

Okay,, on to the next subject,,

The schizoid defense mechanism is- 

?Let's just pretend like that didn't even happen. ?

We all probably have relatives who fit in this category,,,,

Free!

Shock treatment for the world @ large

No charge!

Look Ma, no ego,,, 

????☠️???. ?. ?

Laughter is the best medicine 

Ecstatic Passionate Love

There is the sweet, fluffy kind of love, the merging and contented kind of love and then there is a third kind of love: passionate, powerful, consuming and ecstatic. You feel you've been taken by storm. Your mind is gone. You feel power and lustiness, passion and zest. You feel your whole being is burning like a flame and that flame is full, and that fullness is the love. You feel ecstasy, passion and no difference between desire, wanting, giving, receiving. It is all one consuming thing. I call it ecstatic, passionate love. This love is not only directed toward a person. It is again your beingness. You are the passion. It is true passion, not the passion of the emotions, which is fake passion. When you are passionately longing or passionately wanting, you are being your passion itself. But as true passion of love, you feel like a consuming force of life. When you look at life and existence, you're not wanting something from it; you simply appreciate and love it passionately because life and existence are so beautiful. Beauty is a part of the passion. What ignites that passion is beauty, the exquisite, luminous beauty of existence. 

Diamond Heart Book Two, pg. 162 ❤️

Don't go around half dead. Love me or hate me while I'm here. My days are numbered and I know it.

Wake up and Feel your Fucking heart

what does it say?

A poem by Red Hawk

Honesty

If you want to see what real honesty is

look no further than the dog.

The dog doesn't give a damn for looking good

but will hunch the leg of the Queen's mother

If it feels like it. The dog

doesn't care what the hell you think, it will

lick its balls in the presence of the Pope

If that is what it has a mind to do.

The dog does not stand on position, power,

wealth or fame of any kind. He will

bite the rump of the Emperor if he

tries to pick up the dog's food; the dog

will lift its leg on the whitewall tire

Of the Prime Minister's limousine or

shit on the Dalai Lama's Prayer rug

because he is a dog and that

is what dogs do and

in some secret uncorrupted part of the self

we admire this honesty in dogs, because

we see it is absent in ourselves and

we know that such honesty

comes with a terrible price in this world.

I don't know. Do you know?

Im that kid on the playground who is off to himself.  Lost in his own world but telepathically linked to some other misfits who sporadically console one another.

You know more than I do but you're crazier and so that puts us kind of on the same level. You're smarter than me though.

Elements Needed for the Process of Understanding

For the process of understanding to happen, three elements need to be there at the same time.

The element of disidentification is one of them, involvement is another.

The third element is the quality of allowing.

These elements can be there when there is harmony among the three centers—the belly center, the chest center, and the head center. When there is this harmony, it is possible to experience fully, to allow, and to disidentify. Now, what do I mean by these three elements? Each center contributes to the process of understanding. If the head center is functioning correctly, it means that space or emptiness is allowed. What is the significance of space and emptiness? Space and emptiness make possible the quality of allowing. When there is space in the mind, there is no self-image. You’re not trying to stick to something in particular. You’re not trying to go somewhere. The mind is allowing whatever is there to be there. So the head center’s participation or contribution is space, which is an allowing, a welcoming in a sense—space for things to happen without rejection, without trying to hold on. You become complete allowing.

The heart center’s contribution has to do with its central quality, which is the personal essence. The contribution of the personal essence is the diving movement, the actual living of the experience. You not only allow it, you’re in the midst of it, you’re one with it. You’re really it, you let it happen, you feel it fully, you sense it fully, you experience it fully, right? That’s the contribution of the heart center.

The belly center has its contribution, which is represented by the self, the essential self. The contribution of the essential self is the disidentification, the turning away. When you are truly functioning in the belly, you are completely present, and being completely present, you are being yourself. So you are not identified with the usual activity of trying to get somewhere else.

All of this is Hameed talking,,,

Edited by Zigzag Idiot
Credit to Hameed quote