Zigzag Idiot

Zigzag Idiot and the ladder of Objective Reason

1,796 posts in this topic

ACIM quote about joy

I want to record this quote I just ran across- 

This is how He keeps the Kingdom perfectly consistent and perfectly unified. 7 Remember, however, that what the Holy Spirit rejects the ego accepts. 8 This is because they are in fundamental disagreement about everything, being in fundamental disagreement about what you are. 9 The ego's beliefs on this crucial issue vary, and that is why it promotes different moods. 10 The Holy Spirit never varies on this point, and so the one mood He engenders is joy. 11 He protects it by rejecting everything that does not foster joy, and so He alone can keep you wholly joyous.

Somewhere in ACIM it states that the only 2 authentic attitudes are either peace or joy and that all other attitudes are egoic. This is my paraphrasing and so the actual quote My be a little different in wording. The above quote kinda backs up the one I've been quoting from memory. I'm sure I'll run across it again and I'll be sure to mark it.

Just watched Leo's latest video about life purpose. I've stated before that cultivating the Science of Idiotism may be my life purpose. I don't know, though. Don't seem to be cultivating it in a big way as yet. It would fall under a larger umbrella ( life purpose) of being a fairly steady student/practitioner of The Fourth Way.  I've never written about the 3 lines of work in The Fourth Way because I was afraid it would be perceived as cultish. Here it is, though -

• First line of work - Work on oneself; I can only work and transform myself. I can't change others,,,,
  • Second line of work- Work with others; I can possibly be of help to others in some way for them working on themselves
  • Third line of work - Work for the Work; This would be a personal effort in passing on clean practices and information regarding the work. Possibly having a global worldview,,, Conscious circle of humanity is a phrase that's used,,,?‍♂️

Maybe I'll discover another Life purpose in the future. That's a possibility,,,

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

A Bad Joke
by Dr. Jim Rosen
©2020 Dr. Jim Rosen

I just heard a bad joke.  It’s got to be a joke, because things like this don’t really happen, do they?  I spoke with a woman who I’ll call Sharon.  Sharon has been treated for years by a medical doctor for severe headaches caused by stress.  The headaches are so severe that she has even been hospitalized for them.  Stress is certainly psychological.  So has her medical doctor ever recommended psychological treatment?  No.  It’s also relevant that Sharon was severely abused as a child, both sexually and physically, by her mother and stepfather.  Did she tell her physician?  Yes.  Did he recommend psychological treatment then?  No.  Instead he responded by giving her more medication.  What happened to this woman is no joke, and the need for appropriate treatment is no joke either.

"Crystalization can happen on a right foundation or a wrong foundation"

I rarely drink coffee anymore.Never really thought that would become a reality. Doing some serious fall cleaning of my house today. Had a nice fire going out back. Burned perfectly good boxes, old income tax reports, old mini blinds. I even got in a rebellious mood and burned my high school diploma. Gathered up all my old coffee cans and ended up with 5 large hefty trash bags of them. One trash sack with solely the old metal cans. 

Besides a collection of coffee cans, I have a collection of old cigarette lighters; about 2 shoe boxes full. A coffee can full of used up and empty chapsticks and about 2 coffee cans full of old batteries - AAA, AA, C's, D's, a few of the square nine volt batteries and a fair amount of those little round ones. That's about it other than a few unique rocks that line my porch. Oh yeah, my biggest collection is books. In the last year I've built a few book shelves which has allowed me to declutter the house quite a bit.

Next, I've decided to go through my clothes. Some are 30 years old. 80's and 90's dated styles. I don't consider it a collection though. For some reason I've had a great deal of indecision about culling them through the years and it has resulted in some serious piles and stacks. I have some friends who have kids that are about my size. Whatever they don't want I'll haul to the local goodwill store. There's a nice stack of carhart work coats and coveralls with worn out zippers. I may take some of  the better looking ones to someone who can sew in new zippers.

This is boring stuff. I'd rather Journal about psychological issues, Actualization, human behavior, typologies, and such. In dealing with my housekeeping, I note a good deal of the Squirming Idiots presence.

I just made a comment in the forum from which I may draw heat. Here is some elaboration on that statement.

Trump is crystallized between both the Arch Idiot and the Objectivity Hopeless Idiot which makes him a hasnamuss supreme and a petty tyrant.  He's completely divorced from Ordinary Idiot which is very unfortunate.

I return to Ordinary Idiot frequently and as needed to rest in 'beginners mind'. We are all the same here,,,, no one is better.

1 - The Ordinary idiot - Ordinary Idiot is always with me in my Belly Center (hara). 

2  - The Super idiot

3 - The Arch idiot -  

4 - The Hopeless idiot - There are 2 kinds of Hopeless Idiots. Objective and Subjective.

5 - The Compassionate idiot   This is a sticking point for a lot of Green as well as those who have a 'spiritual ego'. I've paid my dues. I was a Compassionate Idiot for a long time.

6 - The Squirming idiot

7 -The Square idiot

8 -The Round idiot - When I spent time as Round Idiot, I saw and understood how my negativity was hooked into and propelled my reactive self. 

9 -The Zigzag idiot - Experiences of self reflective and narrative consciousness dominate up to here.

This is where the path of Knowledge ends and the path of Being begins.

10 - The Enlightened idiot - Experiences Witness Consciousness 

11 -  The Doubting idiot    - Still has episodes of narrative Consciousness 

12 - The Swaggering idiot.  - This character is paradoxical. Periodically experiences the heart soaring like a hawk.

13 - The Born idiot

14 -The Patented idiot - aka Authentic Idiot

15 -The Genial idiot

16 -The Polyhedral idiot

17 - The Master  idiot

18 - The Perfect idiot - aka The Realized Idiot          This is as far as human beings can go.

19 - The Holy idiot

20 - The Cosmic idiot                     Jesus is a Cosmic Idiot

21 - The Unique idiot             God is Unique Idiot

Edited by Zigzag Idiot
Added 'petty tyrant'

Is That Your Beach Ball?
by Dr. Jim Rosen
©2020 Dr. Jim Rosen

Mom was feeling very stressed because, on top of all her other responsibilities, she was getting her should-be-grown daughter ready for college.  Beth, her daughter, wanted a new laptop to take to college, and Mom agreed to pay for it.  However, Mom also agreed to research laptops and find out what Beth supposedly needed.  I asked Mom why Beth didn’t do her own research.  Mom said she had tried coaxing her to do the research for herself, but Beth just kept dawdling.  So Mom took up the cause, and now she was feeling the added pressure to study all about laptops.  I explained to Mom that every person has a beach ball that represents their own responsibilities.  These beach balls are light and colorful and easy to toss to somebody else.  And most people, if given the chance, will toss their beach ball to somebody else, because then they are off the hook.  If you hold onto their beach ball for them, then they don’t have to do anything and they don’t have to change.  As a matter of fact, nobody can change without holding onto their own beach ball.  Mom thought about it and made a healthy choice.  She set Beth’s beach ball down at Beth’s feet.  In other words, Mom decided to let Beth decide whether of not to pick up her own beach ball and take up her own cause.    

Cultivating discipline and reducing self-importance 

I feel at times bullying oneself with carrying out dull practices can actually rob one of energy which can lead to apathy and then just giving up in working on oneself. Neo-Shamanism introduced me to the practices of 'Not doing.'  I view these practices as a hole card in case you hit some serious doldrums in your Spiritual practice. Victor Sanchez, a student of Carlos Castaneda, put out a book called The Teachings of Don Carlos. He mentions that self importance is one of the most energy consuming activities in the life of someone working on themselves. One exercise that is rather extreme, is making use of a petty tyrant. So if you encounter one - how lucky you are! 

Classifications of Petty tyrants:

IMG_1202.JPG

Excuse the stains. I tend to treat my books rough. 

A little bit on the strategy that he gives in dealing with a petty tyrant-

IMG_1207.JPG

Victor Sanchez also gives some practices called -Acting for the sake of Acting, that falls under the category of overcoming self importance. My favorite is taking your dishes for a ride once a week. 

IMG_1203.JPG

These practices are not for everyone. They are for those whose persona matches the qualities for being a 'Stalker'. A warrior who stalks their own weaknesses. The other practices in Neo- Shamanism are for 'Dreamers'. For these, one has to have the capacity for lucid dreaming. I remember from Castaneda's book- The Art of Dreaming, that he recommends looking for your hands in any dream as a trigger to induce lucidity in your dreamworld.

Aww fucking thank you man, thank you universe ?

things are never always solely how they appear, but it’s good to get the angles manifesting in ignorance 

Edited by DrewNows

@DrewNows  love and appreciate ya, brother man,,,

Leo's last video on introspection is great! As Gurdjieff used to say, He was busy stepping on people's korn's. 

• Notice when you're lying to yourself.
  • Notice when you're flippant.
  • Notice when you're arrogant.
  • Notice when you're playing a victim.
  • Notice when you're fanticising.
  • Notice when you're in a bad mood.
  • Notice when you're manipulating others.
  • Notice you're social conditioning.
  • Notice posturing and being phony and fake.
  • Notice when you aren't understanding other people.
  • Notice and catch you're mind creating problems.
  • Notice when you're being selfish.

Much of what Leo said mirrors the Teaching of the Fourth Way which centers around noticing you're spiritual sleep. Two main practices in the Fourth Way are self observation and self Remembering.

Maurice Nicoll on the Fourth Way-

INTENTIONAL SUFFERING

“Now self-observation is very harsh and becomes more harsh. If done sincerely it will hurt. But it lets light in and stops all sorts of rank weeds from growing within, and amongst them all the strange growths due to internal considering and self-pity and song-singing. And then at last we begin to see what it means that a man must realize that he is nothing beforehecanexpecttobesomething.”V.1,p.259

INTENTIONAL SUFFERING II

“You may often say you are to blame for something, but if someone agrees with you, it is startling and you feel offended. Yes, we easily pretend we are wrong. But to see it, direct and unmistakeable, in one- self, is pain. This is real, and so useful, suffering, for all real suffering purifies the emotions.” V. 1, p. 166

INTENTIONAL SUFFERING III

“I have found nothing flattering in this teaching. There is nothing flattering, for axample, in being told that we are machines that have no Real ‘I’, that we are nothing but pictures of ourselves, that what we call ‘I’ is nothing but imagination, that we have no Real Will, that we are a mass of contradictions which we do not notice owing to hav- ing so many buffers and different forms of padding, that we are not conscious yet, and so on...All awakening has a sour taste—like going back to school.” V. 3, p. 825

INTENTIONAL SUFFERING IV

“A man must suffer from his observation of himself, but never become negative.” V. 3, p. 1203

SELF-SATISFACTION

“Try to see what you are resting on, all of you. Try to see the basis of your self-satisfaction. You will understand that unless this basis is com- pletely broken up there can be no change of being.” V. 1, p. 338 

SELF-SATISFACTION II

“As regards the remark that this Work is selfish, you must all under- stand that this Work . . . is something that destroys your self-compla- cency, your selfishness, your self-esteem, your fantasies about yourself, your pictures of yourself and, in short, your False Personality. It makes you see yourself naked—makes you see that you have to do some- thing about yourself before you try to help other people.” V. 3, p. 849

SUFFERING ONE’S SELF

“When I am in that state of insight I will continually suffer from myself—from Nicoll and his mechanical reactions. Then I will in a certain sense have to endure this external, mechanical, reacting person that hitherto I have taken as myself but which the Work has gradu- ally shown me I must separate from.” V. 2, p. 644 

SEEING DIFFERENT ‘I’S

“Perhaps, owing to a grain of modesty or a sense of humiliation or, better still, owing to increasing consciousness of yourself, you may realize that you are not one—not a fully conscious individual, willing his life consciously at every moment, but at one moment a mean per- son, at the next an irritable person, at the next a benevolent person and the next a scandalous or slanderous person, at the next a saint, at the next a liar.” V. 1, p. 26

WHO IS RUNNING THE SHOW?

“Have you seen a view of yourself marching along as a crowd of
‘I’s, some good, some evil, some in tatters, some over-dressed, some well-meaning, some slanderous, some brave, some self-pitying, some intelligent, some stupid, some a little developed, some undeveloped and childish, and so on? This marching column, marching anyhow, now some leading, now others, this haphazard crew, is leading one’s life for one.” V. 3, p. 975 

PRIDE AND VANITY

“You must study Pride and Vanity in yourselves and all their different gradations. Do you know your own forms of Vanity and how much they occupy you? Do you know where your Pride lies? Where do you feel that you love yourself, that you admire yourself? Where do you most feel that you are utterly different from other people? Where are you most conceited? What do you boast about? What are you silent about? Vanity is frequently very talkative, whereas Pride is silent. Which is the deeper wound, wounded Vanity or wounded Pride? What is it you cannot forgive? You know that if you cannot forgive it is because of some form of self-love which, ideally speaking, has to be smashed out of you.” V. 1, p. 360 

REAL POSITIVE EMOTIONS

“If you, all alone, in this solitary place, in yourself, full of the integrity of your most Real I, have decided, made a decision, not to identify or feed a particular negative emotion . . . you will taste positive emotion for a brief moment—something blessed—that is, filled with such bliss that nothing of human love-hate emotions can be compared with it... Such emotions . . . never change into their opposites but visit us and then withdraw.” V. 4, pp. 1238-9 

All of these taken from Gems of Wisdom. Similar and more can be found here-

We need to develop a healthy, functioning ego before we can transcend it. So there are two different usages for 'self love' . One is honest and innocent in a sense and the other is narcissistic and self important, full of vanity and pride. We need the self importance of a healthy self esteem and only then go about purifying the self importance out of it until we experience the nothingness of the false personality in us that is full of mechanical associations and reactivity. This usually marks the beginning of the experience of being or as Jesus said " having our being". I'm speaking from personal experience here also. I went into some of these harsher exercises while still being a somewhat unstable character years ago. Sometimes I'm still uncertain about the gains I've made.  I can say without a doubt that I'm not as negative or violent as I used to be which definitely has resulted in an actual felt sense of being more stable compared with the past. 

For those who may have been following along. I felt the need to express this to save my last few entries from appearing too harsh or self contradictory. Nicoll refers to self love with a negative connotation,,,,

Its tough when life is experienced as an ongoing depression or an emotional roller coaster. Sometimes the harsher methods in small doses can do some good. If you can genuinely pull off making fun of your own self pity while in that condition, it's amazing the state changes one can rapidly go through. But in dealing with others who are in a fragile condition, heart felt empathy should be the rule but definitely not pity. That's another thing I appreciated about Castenada's languaging. Divine Love he refers to as "the place of no pity". And usually a state of anger lies between depression and vibrancy. So if you witness a family member getting rather harsh with another, don't be too quick to condemn them. Their intuitive actions may have a genius quality in pushing the right keys in order to get another family member out of a funk. It seems to be an awful fine line though,,,,

I don't know how true it is but I once heard a story about the Cosmic trickster Carlos Castenada. One of his girlfriends called him out concerning his own self importance and by some quirky rule within his group, she had authority to give him a particular practice. It turned out that he worked incognito, as a dishwasher, in some greasy spoon cafe, somewhere in the U.S. southwest for three solid years in order to help him overcome his own self importance.

A good percentage of us here, if not right now, will be at some point in the future, just somebody's crazy uncle. Life speeds up the older you get and goes by in a hurry.

Mostly picturesl

I sometimes judge a book by its cover. This is one of my favorite book covers. I think the character mid way on the steps is supposed to be Jesus and he's walking out of a UFO. This is a fairly good book but it's pretty wild. Drunvalo Malkezedek material most often leaves me feeling ungrounded because I get pulled into his wild theories. His talks about the flower of life is intriguing. He points out flower of life images burned with great precision Into big granite pieces in ancient ruins in Syria. No one can figure out how it was done.

IMG_1215.JPG

The Title is pretty good too. 

Another book title I'm fond of is this one by Itzhak Bentov.

IMG_1218.JPG

The title Stalking The Wild Pendulum reminds me of self Inquiry and observing my emotional swings which is kind of what the book is about. Bringing balance to the autonomic nervous system with the sympathetic and parasympathetic systems. He gets around to mentioning Kundalini energy at the end of the book. Below is a graph from his book. Jana Dixon references him some in her Biology of Kundalini. http://biologyofkundalini.com/  I started a thread about this book in High Consciousness Resources when Leo first unfolded it. Nobody seemed interested though. It's a shame because it's a great book.

IMG_1217.PNG

I had YouTube playing all last night and dreamed about Spiral Dynamics. This one was playing when I woke up.

I really appreciated this chart that Leo put up in the first few minutes.

IMG_1213.PNG

I enjoy looking at charts like this. Getting some understanding that we experience both states and stages was a helpful idea for me. That we experience states of Consciousness through whatever stage we're at explains a lot. Also that there are different lines of development that we have,,,,,, 

The idea that the Dream World intersects with the Astral realm seems to becoming more real for me. This is speculated on in a number of cosmological theorys. And also that the lower astral realms could be hell realms,,,, I don't have any memories of a past life but I get a strange feeling that a fairly recent past life could have been in Great Britain and that I was an alcoholic in maybe more than one past life. It's not something I dwell on very much, though.

Dreams can have such a variation in their vividness and other qualities and can have such a strong effect at times on one  after waking up. It just feels like there's a lot of possibilities here.

Just released last month.  Ordered me a copy today.

IMG_1231.JPG

Editorial Reviews

Review

“If ever there was a teacher who could gather the reins of the mind to gallop into the land of the heart (and take us with her), it is Cynthia Bourgeault. This exquisitely written love story distills the intricacies of the esoteric Western traditions into a transformational elixir—both rigorous and luminous—simultaneously intoxicating and sobering. This book is nothing less than a map to the meeting of the worlds at the crossroads of our own souls, one the mapmaker urges us to abandon the minute our heart sees the way.”—Mirabai Starr, author of Wild Mercy

“In Eye of the Heart Cynthia Bourgeault invites us on a journey that is profoundly personal and opens us to a truly fresh and panoramic vision of the purpose of human existence. In bringing to our attention the importance of the imaginal realms—the levels of consciousness between our physical reality and our ultimate divine source—she fills an enormous gap in the current conversations on spirituality. Cynthia has an amazing ability to take potentially complex ideas and to explain them with clarity and kindness. Only someone who has actually traversed these realms and knows them well could accomplish such a feat, and she does so with beauty and grace. Any serious student of the Western traditions ought to partake of these teachings. You will be grateful you did!”—Russ Hudson, co-author of The Wisdom of the Enneagram

“A brilliant synthesis that both situates the imaginal world and gives it more meaning than it has previously had. . . . [Bourgeault] is a true representative of the Western spiritual tradition.”—from the afterword by A. H. Almaas

“Eye of the Heart is an immensely original piece of thinking, feeling, writing. There is nothing like it. It opens new terrain, plants new seeds, starts them on their way toward the light.”—Roger Lipsey, author of Gurdjieff Reconsidered

“By weaving together mystical wisdom, the Fourth Way, and the authority of her own experience, Cynthia Bourgeault masterfully charts a new path of interior transformation through the heart's ability to know and choose the way of love and service. I learned a lot from this book, and I bet you will too.”—Carl McColman, author of The Big Book of Christian Mysticism 

“Reading Eye of the Heart is a powerful and clarifying experience. The weaving of personal, metaphysical, and contemporary political insights is amazing, seamless, and intercessory in and of itself. We need this kind of weaving and interpenetrating in our culture just as we need it between the realms.”—Tim Shriver, author of Fully Alive

The following is from:

IMG_0872.JPG

IMG_1233.JPG

Jim's weekly mini column

The Two Ingredients You Really Need
by Dr. Jim Rosen
©2020 Dr. Jim Rosen

To get rid of pain and have more happiness, to get rid of your roadblocks and have a more fulfilling life, all you need to bring to the table are 2 things – the want to and the willingness.  You don’t have to prepare yourself.  You don’t have to know the root of your problems.  You don’t have to understand how it works.  Just bring your want to and your willingness to a teacher, of which I am one, and you will learn and grow.  You will make the changes in the ways you think and feel and in the ways you walk your path.  You will not change who you are, and you will not change your true path.  Who you are and the plan of your life are already well established.  It is really very little that you need bring to the table, but that very little is essential on your part.

My eyes feel like sandpaper. I'm very very tired and will be in a deep sleep before too long. The crickets that I hear are very loud right now. They have been louder than usual here lately. I get goofy when I'm sleep deprived.

Imagine experiencing a love so all consuming that all the shitty things you've ever done don't even matter and you just begin to disappear. With no fear felt whatsoever.

7 hours ago, Zigzag Idiot said:

Imagine experiencing a love so all consuming that all the shitty things you've ever done don't even matter and you just begin to disappear. With no fear felt whatsoever.

I call that entering the pearly gates. :)

Love Coldplay btw.   

I'm for just taking them off their hinges! ??‍♂️ 

Woke up feeling great today,,,,,

Quite a few years ago in a comedy routine, Dennis Miller was talking about the absurdity of dreams. How one minute you can be falling through space screaming your head off and the next instance, there you are in a parade and you're waving to everyone. Wish I could find a short clip of that on YouTube.