Matt23

Has anyone used cold (cold-immersion for long period) for personal-growth/therapy?

6 posts in this topic

In the past I've stood out in the snow for long periods (1-4 hours) and it seemed to release my stresses, anxieties, emotional wound and hurts.  

Does anyone know of any formal methods or research about using cold for personal-therapy or growth?

Thanks for any info.

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

If you don't know who Wim Hof is, prepare yourself to meet one of the badassest human beings currently on this rock of ours. I do his breathing technique 2x a day and I'm starting to enjoy cold showers every day. 

Cold showers are great way to wake up in the morning, boost immunity and burn fat. 

You don’t stay in there very long but it should be done regularly for best effect.

Edited by Spiral

I‘ve been doing Wim Hof Method stuff for about 2 years now (some times more consistently than others...), and it really helps me with getting my life together. I purchased the Fundamentals course, which has helped to get more into it. But just starting with what’s out there for free is quite sufficient I think. https://www.wimhofmethod.com/

Cold immersion feels great, there’s definitely a mood boost each time I come out of the cold, and it is really motivating to look back and see how much easier I can handle the cold. Also the breathing techniques is an effective intro to Pranayama and great for managing low energy.

@Mortcintu  Do you do multiple cycles of his breathing exercise, and how often do you do it? Not that it measures your internal progress, but can you hold your breath for longer periods than you could when you started? What more is there to learn when you buy the program?