1x0

Aiming my next career using Spiral dynamics

7 posts in this topic

Hi all.

It was fascinating learning about spiral dynamics and being able to apply the model to my situation/experience. I know it is only a model and you need to treat it with a pitch of salt. Also that my perception is almost certainly inaccurate. However, it appeared to fit really well, and gave me some insights into the interaction of people within my teams.

I feel like I've been stage green for a long while now, living in a blue/orange work environment. I have learnt that I couldn't possibly be stage yellow yet because it is so obvious to others that I am sick of many blue/orange values and I can't hide it. It appears now, that I might need to leave my company. Hard as it is to leave a baby, I always knew it wasn't really mine to lead and I have to find some way to exit gracefully and hopefully rewarded enough to buy some time for exploration of what is next.

Assuming I do branch away, I am thinking of how to root my future commitments into something that feels relevant. I am guessing I should stick to stage green until I ware it down and feel the need to transcend. If so I have been pondering on what that might look like. The problem being I feel like I have been serving these blues and oranges for so long, I need to peal off these social constraints to really embrace green first. I would also like to look further into the future than my next step.

The tools I have been creating harness the desire for blue values such as cottage industry, accountability, rules, company culture etc. Mixed with orange values such as providing tools to make our clients feel like heros, with fast and slick productions with minimal effort and maximum success buy-in etc etc...

I am guessing to explore my green values I will need to make tools that capture the emotional drive of open source large data platforms, or social/psychological support for the disadvantaged. ... and yes I think I would enjoy these fields.

---

However, what I really want to explore is what would be next in this digital realm? What would the digital tooling (if that is correct) look like that would suit the Yellow stagers in this world?

Much gratitude in advance.

Aim at your chest.

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

Thanks @Hellspeed, I am assuming you mean forget the tech and just focus on the love I give.

We live in a survival hierarchy system where I need to make some money for my family, but also it would be great if I have provided benefit, so I need to focus on something. I'll ask again, in case someone wants to share some cool ideas. 

What digital tooling would suit the Yellow stagers in this world?

@1x0 Basically explore stage Green until you get sick of it and start being aware of it's downsides. Then move into Yellow.

Now you don't have to exhaust your current stage mainly thru physical stuff (building projects):

16 hours ago, 1x0 said:

I am guessing to explore my green values I will need to make tools that capture the emotional drive of open source large data platforms

because that's gonna take a lot of time.

80% theory (studying and contemplating) + 20% practice (engaging in the physical world) seems a more efficient balance.

@1x0 @1x0

Thanks @111111, I was fishing for stage green/yellow web product ideas as a to make my career more relevant to my values and away from blue/orange drenched values.

Thanks for the suggested ratio!

9 hours ago, 1x0 said:

What digital tooling would suit the Yellow stagers in this world?

That is a good forward-thinking questions. I’d say tools that help with fundamental states of Yellow mides of being. Tools that help integrate, synthesize into more holism.

For example, in the sciences there is so much data about complex genetic interactions. There as been an enormous amount of data generation, yet we need more synthesis. I think the complexity has surpased the capacity of a human brain or a group if human brains. 

A Yellow level scientist would love to synthesize all these piles of data for a more holistic view of how biological systems function. There are groups developing A.I. to process and integrate scattered data sets. For example, a computer that can process hundreds of thousands of data points from hundreds of published reports into a higher level of understanding that is comprehensible to human brain.

@Serotoninluv yes that's great. Going to contemplate this a bit and splash an idea back when I am ready.