Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tristan

Enlightenment Vs Third Eye

23 posts in this topic

Can someone tell me the difference between enlightenment and the third eye?

What relationship do they have with one another? 

Are they the same thing?

Thank you in advance.

@Tristan  You know the third eye is associated with alertness and awareness. When you are alert, awake, more into knowledge then naturally the energy has moved from the lowest chakra to the highest. The lower things no more interest you. You know when you are very alert and awake the sexual energy has transformed itself into a different quality of consciousness. The sexual energy is when the back portion of our brain, our head is activated. Alertness, perception and awareness happen when the front portion of the brain is activated; the pituitary and pineal glands are getting activated. In the brain also they are on the opposite sides of each other. So it is mythologically said when the third eye opens then the gross desires simply evaporate, not that it is bad but they simply don’t make much sense anymore. That is why the intellectuals and the highly spiritual oriented practitioners always put something on the forehead, some sandal wood paste because they are focusing; doing some yoga and meditation so they put some sandal wood to cool the forehead, to cool it a little bit. 
When the frontal lobe of the brain becomes more active, more alert, then thinking, intellectual work, creativity, memory they are all enhanced because all of these things are in the frontal lobe of the brain and sensory pleasures are all at the back of the brain.

It is intuition, don’t think there is an eye opening like this and something is popping up from your head. You get a bump or a hole in your forehead, no! You know you close your eyes still you feel some light; you may see or you may feel, it can be both ways. If someone says I am going to open your third eye and this and that, just don’t go into those things. I tell you, definitely not, it is simply hoax because I have seen so many people claiming to open the third eye and nothing happens really, people get a headache, an incurable headaches many times and you get into problems. You know many such cases come to us for repair, so if someone says I want to open your third eye tell them, thank you very much, I am happy with two eyes. The deeper you go in meditation your intuitive ability develops.

Quote; SSRS

@Tristan

The third eye, when open, grants you access to subtler truths, this because you will now have access to an array of new perceptions. Your experience of space will be different. A sense of inner space. And the inner world may begin to seemingly merge with the outer world.

That's very different from enlightenment in so far, that enlightenment transcends all perception, sense and logical or even intuitional insight.

I agree with the above quote Henri posted. Don't fall for people who "will open your third eye". That's a natural process which is progressivly being enhanced. It's not happening at once as you would not be able to accustom your current "logical thinking" to the new perceptions that arise parallel to the "opening" of your third eye.

Opening of the third eye is accompanied with a larger amount of the secretion of DMT in your pineal gland. 
Many people who opened their third eye too fast (wrong advice, a not prepared system, or the use of Ayahuasca) suffer from crash and burn phenomena after a short period of "high". Often they don't know how to align their experience with their current purpose line, or are disenchanted heavily with what they encounter while on their trip (or afterwards can't seem to align themselves with their new found insights).

1 hour ago, Henri said:

"You know many such cases come to us for repair, so if someone says I want to open your third eye tell them, thank you very much, I am happy with two eyes. The deeper you go in meditation your intuitive ability develops."

Sri Sri Ravi Shankar

Kind regards, 
Chris

@Isle of View  It`s good you mentioned the use of drugs (Ayahuasca) as a danger for opening the 6th chakra, the third eye.

In the Ashram I have met some people with all kinds of negative chakra stuff going on, in despair looking for help. By the way, only western people...  It`s tragic to find out that for some of them it`s incurable and irreparable. Walking around like lonely wolves with despair in their eyes.

1 minute ago, Henri said:

@Isle of View  It`s good you mentioned the use of drugs (Ayahuasca) as a danger for opening the 6th chakra, the third eye.

In the Ashram I have met some people with all kinds of negative chakra stuff going on, in despair looking for help. By the way, only western people...  It`s tragic to find out that for some of them it`s incurable and irreparable. Walking around like lonely wolves with despair in their eyes.

Yes, new-agism spreads a lot of misinformation, non-comprehension and misaplication.

The sudden influx of information age is taking  its toll on the western civilisation aswell. More information than can be comfortably processed by the reciepient.

On the light side of it, there is some progress and harmonization taking place. 

Collectivly speaking, this process will take a while. 

It`s tragic to find out that for some of them it`s incurable and irreparable. Walking around like lonely wolves with despair in their eyes.

Yes, but don't write them off. There is right sadhana for all these phenomena. The question is, how much attention one wants to spend on these cases.
There are also people so totally blissed out that they can't feed themselves. But they're being revered for their deep mukti experience. :-)
So there are extremes on both sides. 

Kind regards, 
Chris

@Isle of View No I don`t agree. There`s no right sadhana for people who`s top chakra (7th) is damaged. Real damage done there is incurable!

16 minutes ago, Henri said:

@Isle of View No I don`t agree. There`s no right sadhana for people who`s top chakra (7th) is damaged. Real damage done there is incurable!

You didn't mention the crown chakra. 

I agree that there can be such a discord that the person will never be fully able to bring it back to alignment.

4 hours ago, Henri said:

In the Ashram I have met some people with all kinds of negative chakra stuff going on, in despair looking for help.

What is being done with them when they arrive? I mean, are they allowed to stay for longer in your Ashram?
Are they given some advice to reduce their strife?

Kind regards, 
Chris

@Isle of View  Yes, a lot of care is given. They are taught some techniques, mostly with the breath, to `cool down` the system, to arrive at a certain resting point. Higher techniques are restricted and they are not supposed to stay for a long time in the ashram. Anyway, the normal procedure is to ask for permission for a certain period of time to live in the ashram. But those people desperate for help just run in. So the best is done possible.

Just now, Henri said:

@Isle of View  Yes, a lot of care is given. They are taught some techniques, mostly with the breath, to `cool down` the system, to arrive at a certain resting point. Higher techniques are restricted and they are not supposed to stay for a long time in the ashram. Anyway, the normal procedure is to ask for permission for a certain period of time to live in the ashram. But those people desperate for help just run in. So the best is done possible.

Thank you Henri.

Kind regards, 
Chris

1 hour ago, Henri said:

From the little I know, once a nerve is damaged, it can't be repaired. And our brain consists mostly of fat and nerves. Would this explain why those who use drugs that cause damage to the white matter of the brain (front lobe), can't develop the third eye?  

@Natasha That`s the gross explanation, I do not know about that.

Now for mind altering drugs: If you take them your crown chakra will open and therefore make it possible for high frequency energies to enter your aura. So the experience you are having are not just a chemical reaction, in fact they are very real! The only problem is you have no control over it. After frequent use the crown chakra will stay too open. Daydreaming, problems with concentration occur. 
When an aura is damaged panic attacks can occur. These happen because high frequency energy enters directly without being filtered and can affect your organs into releasing hormons, like adrenalin. When this happens suddenly and without warning it feels like a panic attack. Another symptom of a deficient aura is depression. This occurs when vital energy is leaking out of the aura instead of feeding you. Also other entities which exist in another dimension can now gain direct acces to you.  

@Henri I don't take drugs or have panic attacks, but still would like to know how does one protect the aura from leaking and allowing other entities gain direct access to it? Also, how do you feed your aura the vital energy? Thank you.   

@Natasha When you have a normal life there`s no danger involved to your aura.

To develop the aura and your chakra`s just do your spiritual work like meditation, pranayamas, devotional music and an ethical life. Healthy and fresh food is also good, due to the amount of prana in it. 9_9

@Natasha When you have a normal life there`s no danger involved to your aura.

To develop the aura and your chakra`s just do your spiritual work like meditation, pranayamas, devotional music and an ethical life. Healthy and fresh food is also good, due to the amount of prana in it. 9_9

Good, I already do the things you mentioned, including consuming fresh organic food from the earth and breathing mineral air while meditating by the ocean. Will be also starting yoga classes this summer.  

@Henri From my encounterings with people, indeed the only ones that were "spiritually" irreversible have been the ones whose nervous system and brains have been demaged by use of too many psychotropic drugs, or worse, lobotomies or electro shocks. Additionally, the pineal gland and other glands as well as the brain, liver and other organs can be calcified, toxified and demaged, therefore bringing the hormonal balance out of sync. Also this brings about a general tiredness, low mood level. In correlation with this, the aural spectrum goes into disalignment. 

It's new information for me that the crown chakra is the only faculty responsible for high frequency reception. It's different in my experience (but it may be we have a differing background of defining higher frequencies).

Entities from other dimensions can access anyone whose current frequency is in a low range (but I don't want to go too deep into this subject on the open forum as it scares the (peep) out of sensitive people). But this in itself is no real block to make further progress on the spiritual path (i.e. it's not really irreversible or something tragic when you have someone to help you out with spiritual connections).

I think many "hopless" cases can be brought back on path (if their desire is strong), there is lots of sadhana and other handlings (like detox, right nutrition, body excersise) for many of the above issues. But I have not seen them all, so your input is valueable for me.

I'm just not sure if the irreparability is based on the chakra/energy issue or the physical body (nerves, brain, severe glands demage).

In any event, thank you for being here and providing another viewpoint. 

~Chris

Edited by Isle of View

@Isle of View The irreparability is based on the nadi`s in the pranayamakosha, the flowing of the prana.

Regards

1 hour ago, Henri said:

@Isle of View The irreparability is based on the nadi`s in the pranayamakosha, the flowing of the prana.

Regards

I see, but the pranamya kosha is in intimate connection with the physical body and all body issues will have an impact on the nadis (and ultimatly on the chakras). So by addressing the body issues (like overtoxification, malnutrition, smog and electro-smog, inertia) we can partialy restore correct alignment and flow of subtle energies through the nadis. Would you agree?

It wouldn't be possible though when the (physical) body suffered seriously (brain, nervous system).

You just reminded me how beautiful, sophisticated and superior the yogic view on the human system is compared to the western school.

Thank you for that and all the input. 
Chris

@Isle of View Yes, the pranayamakosha is the driving force behind the physical aspect of the senses and the operation of the physical body. It allows our true self to be able to animate in the external world.  The breath which exists of oxygen and prana is the connection between the physical body and the energy body. The chakra`s are like crossroads of the nadi`s. 

There are so many problems people have which can be overcome by doing pranayamas, in a way it`s a `magic` tool. You are right with your statement that by addressing body issues we can do some repairs. However that`s not always possible. The body is the gross and the energy body is the subtle. The gross comes out of the subtle and not vice versa. Not to mention that by using drugs there is always the danger one`s experiencing, and getting information from the other, even more subtler bodies. Even when you, with your bodies, are not even prepared.  Impressions out of the more subtle bodies are able to destroy your pranamayakosha and the chakra`s. That`s really irreparable. 

By this one is understanding why and how a yogi undertakes such a rigid and ethical training and behaviour.

Regards

Thank you very much for more insight, @Henri.

1 hour ago, Henri said:

You are right with your statement that by addressing body issues we can do some repairs. However that`s not always possible. The body is the gross and the energy body is the subtle. The gross comes out of the subtle and not vice versa.

Yes, absolutely agree. Though all the bodies correspond with another - influencing each other -, they're build up hierarchically, from top down (physical body being the "junior").

2 hours ago, Henri said:

Not to mention that by using drugs there is always the danger one`s experiencing, and getting information from the other, even more subtler bodies. Even when you, with your bodies, are not even prepared.  

Impressions out of the more subtle bodies are able to destroy your pranamayakosha and the chakra`s. That`s really irreparable. 

Yes, the first part of the above quote is actually that which I already knew when I chimed in into the conversation.

The second part however was the missing link for me. I will need some time and research to really understand why it is said that these issues are really irreparable.

I know, that I don't know. :-)

Thanks Henri, I really appreciate your input.

Chris