Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AudibleLocket

Does other people matter in personal development ?

6 posts in this topic

Hey you, have a profund day.

I was thinking today about the role of other people in your own development as a person.

In Leo's video " How to stop carryng about others opinion " he talk about being authentic and happy by yourself, that  people can't really offer you anything significant in life. He also talks about this in his video "How to deal with loneless"  , that personal development is a path to be trilled alone. 

But in the other hand he also talks about expressing love to everyone , and being a light source for man kind. 

I've read some books that also encourage you to see the beauty in other people. And i have met many human beings that inspired me, i've learned alot by living with some really great people. 

Perhaps balance is key in this question, any insights about this ??

@AudibleLocket  That's good that you thought about it :) 

30 minutes ago, AudibleLocket said:

In Leo's video " How to stop carryng about others opinion " he talk about being authentic and happy by yourself, that  people can't really offer you anything significant in life. He also talks about this in his video "How to deal with loneless"  , that personal development is a path to be trilled alone. 

There are too many things to worry about in yourself, if you put other people's opinions into the mixture, it's gonna drive you mad :D 

Many people are addicted to other people, being needy and annoying and they deny this by saying that they are extroverted. Good relationships with your family and friends are crucial actually - how are you gonna pursue your life purpose, if you aren't good with people? You cannot change the world alone most of the time. It's just that you have to take care of yourself first and don't try to suck out love from others, that will dry you.

34 minutes ago, AudibleLocket said:

But in the other hand he also talks about expressing love to everyone , and being a light source for man kind.

With unconditional love comes happiness, you can understand this by having some mystical experiences :) With hatred, you cannot be happy. If you work on yourself, get rid of all the addictions, false beliefs, moralizations... almost everything in life will play in your cards, there will be no need to hate.

38 minutes ago, AudibleLocket said:

I've read some books that also encourage you to see the beauty in other people. And i have met many human beings that inspired me, i've learned alot by living with some really great people. 

There are people that can push you forward, that understand you, that want to support you no matter what - stay with these people, why not right. But if you only love some people, mostly because of their positive actions towards you, there must be some bad people. Most people think that they love Leo unconditionally, but they only love him because he helps us by everything he does - can you really love him, if he hurts you? 

Just look at any teacher who doesn't respect their students, are they considered a good or a bad teacher among the students? 

42 minutes ago, AudibleLocket said:

Perhaps balance is key in this question, any insights about this ??

What is balance for you in this topic? Is it to love some and hate some? Or to be sometimes happy alone and sometimes not? Most people live like this and are miserable, think about it more :) 

Ppl do matter, esp family and best friends, but most will not be able to relate to you if you develop beyond a certain point. Most can only relate to you when you say: I'm going to school/university, getting a career, retiring, and that's it. Beyond that, it will only be: favorite food, favorite sports, entertainment. That's about it.

Here's where it gets woo-woo to most ppl, and I don't recommend talking about it:

Most will not be able to relate to you when you try to find your life purpose  (your calling). Using this as a vehicle. They will not understand how to incorporate your career into your life purpose and turning it into entrepreneurship, networking, making a product and marketing/selling, starting non-profits, becoming a philanthropist, and beyond that discovering that you're one with everything and expressing it in your life purpose. 

@bejapuskas tnks for reading.

I meant balance by cultivating good relationships/Sharing love, at the same time being authentic and not carying about their judgements.

I'm working on this unconditional love, trying to get rid of judgements and ideologies. Latelly i started to see the beauty of  little things that pass unnoticed throught the day. Specially when i'm driving my way home.  I've had some lsd/shrooms experiences that show me a little about this mystical and lovely reality. 

Sharing love has nothing to do with having relationships.

You can express your love to Michael Jackson but he doesn't even know you exist.

You can love the whole world and still be a loner

Edited by Salvijus

Those you do not forgive you fear. 

4 minutes ago, Key Elements said:

Most can only relate to you when you say: I'm going to school/university, getting a career, retiring, and that's it. Beyond that, it will only be: favorite food, favorite sports, entertainment. That's about it.

@Key Elements Agreed.