MM1988

Consciousness Mechanics

4 posts in this topic

What exactly happens if I have a negative thought, become aware of it, and then drop it?

If I am not my thoughts and I cant control them I shouldnt be able to control them just by being aware of them. I dont get how this works. How does raising consciousness change thoughts? If free will does not exist becoming more aware would just mean I can watch the mess unfold. How does it influence further thoughts or lets me deteach from emotions?

It eliminates thoughts you are coming more from doing,having to just being 

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

22 minutes ago, MM1988 said:

What exactly happens if I have a negative thought, become aware of it, and then drop it?

If I am not my thoughts and I cant control them I shouldnt be able to control them just by being aware of them. I dont get how this works. How does raising consciousness change thoughts? If free will does not exist becoming more aware would just mean I can watch the mess unfold. How does it influence further thoughts or lets me deteach from emotions?

Very nice. You are questioning identification with thoughts and emotions. 

That which is aware of thoughts and emotions is the “I Am”. This “I AM-ness” is simply awareness of thoughts and emotions - without any judgement or criticism. It doesn’t grasp for, or push away, any thought or emotion. It does not try to control or manipulate situations. 

See if you can get the mindset of an impartial observer to thoughts and emotions.

@Serotoninluv But what if then the thought pops into my mind "I shouldnt control this situation/thought" and then I dont? Or what if I deteach from an emotional situation because I have some thoughts about what eckhart toll talks about then I feel better just because this stuff exists as a concept within my head? 

Was this decision made by the ego or my true self? 

Its just like a recontextualization of the situation that makes me feel better. Exactly like someone who got brainwashed and now he doesnt feel bad about killing certain peope. This person simply got his psychology rewired to frame a situation differently. It doesnt seem like that would have anything to do with awakening.

Edited by MM1988