helenaoftroy

I am Man No. 4 - Found the footprints

8 posts in this topic

Hey guys.

As a newbie it's impossible and obviously hindering to scour through all given info for answers. Plus I'll get nowhere without putting this thirst for knowledge and guidance aside and actually expanding my daily "dirty work" time. So as impressive as all the suggested books are... what I really need is to get a move on.

That said, how do you feel about 'Course in Miracles' by Dr. Helen Schucman?

I've seen it described as the best wrapper on Enlightenment practice for our booged Western Minds - which is exactly what I'm craving for right now, practice, practice and practice, without wasting time hopping from one thing to the next.

Best newbie practice guide, yes or no?

P.S.: I have already established daily meditation, self-inquiry, watched probably dozens of Leo hours, read some books and booked a couple retreats. I'm pointing this out just as a means of saying I'm not horsing around, dismissing knowledge or looking for the quick fixes. I need a good, practical, interconnected, concrete source of guidance for lifestyle building. And am not looking for the dmt moment experience mojo.

Thanksssss!!

Screenshot_20181128-201434_Chrome.jpg

Edited by helenaoftroy
Grammar and added author name

@helenaoftroy Welcome to the forum! It sounds like you have a solid spiritual foundation.

I started a CIM course, yet it didn’t resonate with me. To me, it had an odd religious/spiritual mix. Yet, I know people that got a lot out of it and if it resonates with you, follow your desire and go for it.

@Serotoninluv thank you, I'm excited to join! Well, my "solid spiritual foundation" started a couple months ago after randomly finding Leo's video on consciousness. But since I've not been able to stop ever since and things just keep dropping onto my lap, I'm definitely going with the flow and not looking back. 

I'm not religious, but since I was able to listen to Psycho Cybernetics unbothered by the references, I'm hoping I could do the same here.

Feel a bit lost because I'm just starting out, everything pulls in opposite directions and can't really ground myself. I'm a bit afraid to ask for you personal suggestions because my huge struggle right now is precisely the amount of information... but I will leave it for you (or the universe) to decide.

Thanks a lot!

Sure, ACIM has some great teachings and exercises in it.

Its whole Christian angle may be a bit off-putting and non-integral.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura well...

"Understanding means understanding of a part in relation to the whole"

"You cannot understand and disagree"

If Christianity is the problem and the tactic is good, it would at least be great understanding practice.

Thanks Leo.

1 hour ago, helenaoftroy said:

@winterknight

Whattayouthink? Please, thank you.

Heh, you have to post on my thread or PM me if you want me to see it... I don't get notifications of mentions on random threads. But I saw this by chance...

Anyway, I don't know much about ACIM, but have heard good things.

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self