Goutam nimmakayala

Indian culture

22 posts in this topic

On 11/26/2018 at 7:08 AM, Goutam nimmakayala said:

Hi @Leo Gura ,

It’s high time you shoot a video on india . Almost everything you mentioned comes from ancient india and it holds no date . Indian heritage starts from shiva , krishna , Buddha to Sadhguru . You never mention their ways and about ancient india which is the the birth place of spirituality and all of us are indebted to them for providing almost all the spiritual practices like yoga and vippasanna .

I agree that the world is more indebted to India than it could ever possibly imagine. I would be interested in learning more about ancient India. With that said, I dont know if Actualized is the right platform solely to show appreciation to a culture or give a history lesson.

There was a movie playing in the movie theater. I saw this months ago. Now it's probably on Netflix or YouTube or wherever. I went to see it in a Century theater (here in the US). It's not mainstream for the US. Movie name: Padmaavat. Yes, it's a true historical story. Although, I doubt that everything portrayed in the movie was accurate. But, it's more or less like that historically. Life was harsh back then. It's totally not like that nowadays in modern India. Yes, they were very much interested in non-duality back then. You could tell in the beginning of the movie when the queen was talking to that fake guru. I did notice that she said that life is maya.

Hmm...I also noticed that the queen thought that the 'skill' is very important. That's what she was telling the fake guru when she was questioned by him. Since she was part of the Rajput caste, she was practicing her skills as a warrior / fighter / hunter, and having a strong personality -- part of her life purpose. All of these things interconnect.

Buddha was part of the Rajput caste. Boy, did he totally changed his life purpose to monk/enlightenment. He did not do warrior/enlightenment as a life purpose. He completely "came out" of his caste to Brahmin caste. In those days, it was not easy to do. That's probably one of the reason why he's so famous.