llumi

Spontaneous kriyas vs kriya yoga: help needed

7 posts in this topic

Hi!!

So, I've been doing breath witnessing meditation and recently I have been having these spontaneous movements. First it was my head shaking and now my body bounces from side to side in a snake-like manner, that's how I can best describe it.

My purpose was to move to practice kriya yoga, but now I don't know.. Should I sit and let these automatic kriyas happen or should I start kriya yoga routine? It's kind of hard to fous on these movements, my mind starts to wander a lot.

I did e-mail one kriya yoga author about my issue but would like to hear your opinions as well!

Let it unfold. Let your body do whatever it needs to do.

Shake it out.

And carry on with your practice.

Do not get distracted by things like this. Your goal is Truth/Awakening.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Just like someone who gets a crazy experience from reiki and would therefore benefit from Kriya, 

Would you benefit from bioenergetics due to this experience of body spontaneity? 

Probably.

@llumi Gotta be every other day that someone posts about having spontaneous body movements during meditation. I'm surprised as to how common it is. Then again, its not common relative to the amount of people who actually meditate on a daily basis. So count yourself lucky, i guess? Anyway, there's lots of information on the web about Kriyas, just do some Googling and you'll find all your answers.

"Find what you love and let it kill you." - Charles Bukowski

@Leo Gura Yeah, I will let these movements unfold. Thanks Leo :)

@Cocolove I would love to do bioenergetic therapy with a professional. Unfortunately I would have to travel like 500km to a nearby therapist. Do you know if I can do it myself? 

@Space I have noticed the same thing, lol :D I know the point of kriyas but was just thinking that why would I do kriya yoga if these kriyas happen spontaneously. 

@llumi The point of Kriya Yoga isn't to experience Kriyas. Most people that practise Kirya Yoga will never experience Kriyas, as far as i understand. The very fact that you are experiencing Kriyas is even more reason to start/try Kriya Yoga! 

"Find what you love and let it kill you." - Charles Bukowski

@Space Yes indeed kriyas are not the point. I will absolutely start kriya yoga. But no idea how long should keep letting my body do its thing before I move into kriya yoga.. but that's most likely something nobody could tell.

Edit: if there's anyone here who has experienced these movements and just let them happen: what happens after? How long did they last? Or maybe these are just releases of energy leading to no specific thing.

Edited by llumi