Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Marcell Kovacs

Jealousy Issues: Self-Inquiry/Contemplation or Shamanic Breathing?

4 posts in this topic

Unfortunately I've been dealing with huge jealousy issues during the past 6 years. I've been consistently doing Shamanic Breathing ever since Leo put up the video in order to cure those, my self-esteem issues and some bullying related shit as well. While I'm definitely noticing improvements, especially these days, those jealousy issues have increased a lot during the past week and they're coming back big time to the point that just when I think I'm over them, I realise that they're coming along for the ride making sure we don't part ways and I'm depressed as fuck because I'm not sure whether I'm going through an ego backlash or I'm wasting my time using a technique that was not intended to target what I want to demolish. I don't know whether anything has actually improved and if I should use a different technique for dealing with them.

Also regarding Shamanic Breathing, I'm not just doing it in a fluffy way, I'm actually going at it on a 4-5-time-a-week basis doing one hour sessions each occasion, yet I'm feeling like my results in general haven't been as great as I hoped.

What's the verdict in general, when it comes to jealousy issues? Is it great that I'm using Shamanic Breathing in hopes to nuke all that shit, and I'm just overreacting due to the ego backlash or should I rather take the contemplative route when it comes to stuff like that?

As always, thanks for the replies in advance!

Edited by Marcell Kovacs

Jealousy is the thought that "X person has more consciousness than me".

How do you measure this?

"You have more consciousness than me" is an error and impossible.

There are 4 techniques that really help with jealousy:

- Metta: wishing good will to others in all areas of their life (their health, their safety, their happiness, etc.)

-  Gratitude: giving thanks for what you already have

- Grace : you hurt me but I will bless you

- Non attachment: I own nothing in this world, not even my thoughts and emotions belong to me

I know that self enquiry works. 

Don't know anything about shamanic breathing tho.

Those you do not forgive you fear. 

If you focus other people's success you will feel bad. You will never be happy for their success. So focus on something different. Focus on your goals and hobbies. 

Black is white. Down is up. Bad is good. -Eric Tarpall