Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bejapuskas

The latest video

11 posts in this topic

Hey everyone,

I saw the latest video and it has really helped to understand the model of Spiral dynamics better, but at the same time, I feel dumb.

Leo for the first time mentioned stage Coral in his development table - what the hell is it actually like? 

I also feel that I havent even understood yellow and turquoise till now, can someone explain, how can you actually understand these by thinking? 

Are there any books on the booklist that explain the epochs, morality line and cognitive line of development? I am just getting super lost...

You cant really fathom a stage unless youre close to it. I cant fathom Turquoise because Ive just started dipping my toes in Yellow thinking, I dont even bother imagining Turquoise, its so far beyond where I am at.

Dont look at me! Look inside!

@Rilles That's obivous, I am probably blue/orange/green, like a typical European... It's way beyond me... How does one embody yellow?

1 hour ago, bejapuskas said:

@Rilles That's obivous, I am probably blue/orange/green, like a typical European... It's way beyond me... How does one embody yellow?

Learn seeing from different perspectives, relativity (that scary word:P) and watch Leos Yellow video... and ask some Yellow expert because Im very new to it

@Rilles I have already watched all the spiral videos twice... I think its time for another round :P There is still much to learn... By reading about yellow, I think, that I actually have a yellow part of myself, its just not stable

58 minutes ago, bejapuskas said:

@Rilles I have already watched all the spiral videos twice... I think its time for another round :P There is still much to learn... By reading about yellow, I think, that I actually have a yellow part of myself, its just not stable

Yellow is so deep... I want to embody my Green first, I still have a fairly shitty diet  ,waffly purpose and alot of shadowy angerxD so no rush

I couldn't grasp Turquoise 2 years from now, now I can. You will feel that too: realize you're developing because you can now understand more stages

I wouldn't say I know a lot, but this is what I can tell you from my yellow experience, comparing to the previous stage, green:

Caring about everybody, loving everybody, respecting every opinion, wanting the best for the world sounds noble and beautiful. However, it is not enough, and you will get frustrated. You will realize there is actually a next stage you can go to get closer to being able to actually make a difference in the world.

You realize that to make a difference, it is not about just caring. It is about doing. However, you realize your ideas of what is going to save the world as a green person are not practical. There is way too much resistance from Orange/Blue people to make it happen. You realize that the never-ending battle between the three most common colors of today (blue, orange, green) brings the world to a stalemate, and that's why there is so much hatred, discussions and protests, but nothing seems to change. You can't promote change by just demonizing/criticizing how narrow the view of previous stages is.

You realize that in order to develop the lower levels, you should not combat them, but flow with them, understand their perspectives. See where it is coming from and why it is like that. Realize that the stages are not choices of where they want to be, but just a fact to be accepted, the consequence of the actual stage of global development. See how all the stages relate to each other: where they agree and live together and where they conflict and live apart. Understanding all these dynamics is what Leo repeats again and again: Systems thinking.

As a yellow person, you realize that you should stop this never-ending rant and stress, retreat into solitude, and watch. Watch the world and learn. Learn from all the dynamics of the system. Leave your meditation couch and go interact with the world and people to learn the little details. Increase your wisdom because with all the knowledge you have and your systems thinking capacity, you actually get meaningful insights. By getting the nuances of the system, you will finally detect where are the points you need to take action to actually create meaningful change, and you will see how counter-intuitive and hidden they are, and that's why it was so tough in the first place. It is as if you're training to become a hacker of the system.

You will not actually do much to make the world better in this stage, but you will be developing yourself to get into a stage in which you can. And when you have a lot of wisdom but not too much action, that's when you will start to want to leave yellow, and go to Turquoise. You realize that the biggest weapon against the problems of the world is not changing a tax rate, picking the right name at an election, protesting for the right reason, but creating a paradigm shift. Increase awareness and consciousnesses in people, and the rest will take care of itself. That's why many turquoise people will become spiritual teachers.

7 minutes ago, fewrocker said:

I couldn't grasp Turquoise 2 years from now, now I can. You will feel that too: realize you're developing because you can now understand more stages

I wouldn't say I know a lot, but this is what I can tell you from my yellow experience, comparing to the previous stage, green:

Caring about everybody, loving everybody, respecting every opinion, wanting the best for the world sounds noble and beautiful. However, it is not enough, and you will get frustrated. You will realize there is actually a next stage you can go to get closer to being able to actually make a difference in the world.

You realize that to make a difference, it is not about just caring. It is about doing. However, you realize your ideas of what is going to save the world as a green person are not practical. There is way too much resistance from Orange/Blue people to make it happen. You realize that the never-ending battle between the three most common colors of today (blue, orange, green) brings the world to a stalemate, and that's why there is so much hatred, discussions and protests, but nothing seems to change. You can't promote change by just demonizing/criticizing how narrow the view of previous stages is.

You realize that in order to develop the lower levels, you should not combat them, but flow with them, understand their perspectives. See where it is coming from and why it is like that. Realize that the stages are not choices of where they want to be, but just a fact to be accepted, the consequence of the actual stage of global development. See how all the stages relate to each other: where they agree and live together and where they conflict and live apart. Understanding all these dynamics is what Leo repeats again and again: Systems thinking.

As a yellow person, you realize that you should stop this never-ending rant and stress, retreat into solitude, and watch. Watch the world and learn. Learn from all the dynamics of the system. Leave your meditation couch and go interact with the world and people to learn the little details. Increase your wisdom because with all the knowledge you have and your systems thinking capacity, you actually get meaningful insights. By getting the nuances of the system, you will finally detect where are the points you need to take action to actually create meaningful change, and you will see how counter-intuitive and hidden they are, and that's why it was so tough in the first place. It is as if you're training to become a hacker of the system.

You will not actually do much to make the world better in this stage, but you will be developing yourself to get into a stage in which you can. And when you have a lot of wisdom but not too much action, that's when you will start to want to leave yellow, and go to Turquoise. You realize that the biggest weapon against the problems of the world is not changing a tax rate, picking the right name at an election, protesting for the right reason, but creating a paradigm shift. Increase awareness and consciousnesses in people, and the rest will take care of itself. That's why many turquoise people will become spiritual teachers.

My god, thats amazing, I want to print this out, put it on my wall and live by it. xD

Edited by Rilles

@bejapuskas Here's a great site someone posted on the forum a while ago which i've been loving: https://www.dailyevolver.com/ . It's all about stage yellow integral thinking. If you want to understand Yellow then start watching a bunch of the content on there. It's not too difficult to get a basic understanding of Yellow, but embodying is quite challenging.

With regards to Coral, and any stages beyond that, I personally imagine them as ever deeper and deeper levels of consciousness and metaphysical understanding and embodiment, combined with the more advanced intellectual thinking that we see in Yellow (but just even more advanced). I'm sure there are more stages even beyond Coral, but it's not really worth discussing to be honest.

Edited by Space

"Find what you love and let it kill you." - Charles Bukowski

@fewrocker  Oh ok... Maybe I actually see yellow :D When I try to help people, it still seems that I am not wise enough, even though I am the most intelligent and non-biased person in the room most of the time... It will probably take a year or two to properly work on myself... :) 

@Space  Thanks! I will check out the content there... I actually have a stable yellow friend, who is probably about to move into turquoise soon... Our friendship is so valuable, as I have developed the lower stages more than him and he is higher in the spiral than me, so we can just push each other's limits incredibly well. 

Yeah, even turquoise is kind of slippery when we talk about it...

@Rilles  I will probably do the exact same thing xD 

What about the epochs, cognitive development, states, types and lines, are there any good books on these? I think I don't really understand the terms Leo is using in his video...