Manjushri

Which ancient Greek philosophers were enlightened?

24 posts in this topic

On 11/18/2018 at 9:34 AM, MM1988 said:

Which stage in spiral dynamics do you guys think Marcus Aurelius was at?

I'm currently reading Meditations (probably halfway through), and that dude was fucking woke. I'm blown away that someone 2000 years ago, steeped in a solid Blue culture, could possibly be that wise. 

This is an interesting question, because he says a lot of Blue keywords like Justice, but he's not dogmatic about it. I'm sure he had a much higher understanding of it, perhaps similar to Karma. One thing I'm certain of though: he was too wise and careful of a thinker to have any blue in him. Some of what he says might appear blue today, but that's only because of the culture he was in. He arrives at everything he says through careful examination and thought, and what was true 2000 years ago (on a topic like justice) will not ring true today. He strikes me as pure yellow. Probably the pinnacle of mind during his time. Millenia ahead of the average commoner. 

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

@Pharion  couldn't agree more..this guy had massive wisdom.  And after reading his work the guy truly had a strong concept of non-dualism.  I think he had the intuition just never experienced a true awakening or that would have propelled him into turquoise.  The guy was clearly centuries ahead of his time.

Reading his book was one of the most amazing books i have ever read.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Unfortunately I think most of them didn't have the tools, or structures, or something (was missing) that they needed to experience enlightenment. Many of them lived interesting and noble lives, and many more were well versed in logic and understood a lot of things intellectually speaking, but I dont think many knew how, or even that they could or should, be able to practice and directly experience what they were talking about. They didn't have psychedelics, or the eastern meditation and yoga practices (as far as i know, i could be wrong) or any other means of reaching enlightenment, so for the most part i think they were stuck with just very advanced and complicated intellectual philosophy, and living virtuous lives, but missing the aspect that is direct experience; in other words they were able to make very detailed maps, but rarely set foot on the territory.