Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Manjushri

Digital vs physical commonplace book

7 posts in this topic

I don’t have a single system.  I have binders of notes, many electronic files, and the essays I post on Actualized.  One thing I try to keep all in one place are my essays and one binder of materials that I review before I go to bed each night which keeps me on track with my Life Purpose Work.  And I fill out a daily report on how I performed on my daily schedule (daily routine) which gets saved to a file on my Linux computer.  I also sign a daily agreement to do my daily schedule (daily routine) and those signed agreements get saved in a pile in a special place in my room.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

26 minutes ago, Epiphany_Inspired said:

@Joseph Maynor I love the signed agreements with yourself :x.

Everyday!  And I keep that page on my desk too so I have to look at it when I get any kind of temptation.  Sometimes I still breach the agreement, but it’s much harder and it makes me think more before I do it.  

// Here’s what I print out on it’s own page and sign daily:

I agree to comply with my schedule tomorrow 11/15/18.  [insert whatever date tomorrow is]

_______________________ [sign here]

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Joseph Maynor I'll be your accountability partner. If you break it, send me cash. Deal? 

Jokes aside, it's actually useful. Even more is at stake. Or maybe punish yourself in another way. 

I should be doing that... 

@Joseph Maynor

28 minutes ago, Gligorije said:

@Joseph Maynor I'll be your accountability partner. If you break it, send me cash. Deal? 

Jokes aside, it's actually useful. Even more is at stake. Or maybe punish yourself in another way. 

I should be doing that... 

@Joseph Maynor

This is the hardest thing, but you’ve gotta become your own accountability partner.  Ditto for me.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

My problem is weirdly I have too MUCH notes written. Just imagine writing most days of the month for years. 

I now write my to-do on a physical book as the Evenote (Digital book) has too much info.