Viking

i have too much lucid dreams

12 posts in this topic

in the last week i had 4 lucid dreams. they didnt happen often before that.

during the first one and the second one tried to wake up by force because it was uncomfortable and i felt like i was going insane, i was scared. although it was a lucid dream i didnt have context of what was happening.

during the third one (the most terrifying one) everything in the dream that had color suddenly separated into a few objects that had different colors but together comprised the original color. i woke up feeling drunk and in panic, i thought i was having a psychotic episode, because when waking up i still had the delusional dream consciousness for a little bit, the one without context. i think it faded 2 seconds or so after waking up but the panic persisted for long. i thought i had an acid flashback or something.

during the fourth one i was calm, i realized its a dream, didnt know what to do with it, was tired and bored, felt uncomfortable, so i sat down to meditate with "closed eyes" and tried to wake up, successfully.

what is happening?

Edited by Viking

9 minutes ago, Viking said:

what is happening?

What kind of answer are you looking for? A story that explains your situation? Or a consolation?

I had a fair share of lucid dreams in my teenage years, but they stopped occurring in my early twenties.
Recently I had two lucid dreams that had collapsed and instead of waking up I fell into a space in between dreams. A mishmash of colors, symbols and sounds with the feeling of my gross body being limp. This happened when I forcibly tried to break the rules of the dream (teleporting).

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

1 minute ago, tsuki said:

This happened when I forcibly tried to break the rules of the dream (teleporting).

lmao now im scared of teleporting.

no, im just scared that my dreams will merge with reality and ill become psychotic or crazy/out of control. 

that or those dreams will become so frequent ill have insomnia.

the problem is that i feel super uncomfortable in them and dont know what to do, so i wake up.

4 minutes ago, Viking said:

no, im just scared that my dreams will merge with reality and ill become psychotic or crazy/out of control. 

that or those dreams will become so frequent ill have insomnia.

the problem is that i feel super uncomfortable in them and dont know what to do, so i wake up.

Study Tibetan Dream Yoga, you might find some helpful answers there.

Dont look at me! Look inside!

14 minutes ago, Viking said:

What I noticed is that once I realize that I am within the dream - I start to do things that are unwelcome, breaking the rules. Like teleporting, or telling people that it is just a dream, or having sex with random people, etc. That very quickly wakes me up / 'ejects' me out of the dream.
What I was describing was not unwelcome, I resisted the ejection and wanted to see what would happen. I could have woken up easily.

My all experiences with lucid dreams were pleasant/meaningful/refreshing. I think that there is nothing to fear, even if what happens seems unusual.
The fear you are experiencing seems like a fear of dissolving a very solid boundary between waking and sleeping consciousness.
What do you need this barrier for?

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

What do you need this barrier for?

to not get sent to a mental hospital and to not hurt my loved ones.

bla bla bla... its not real there is not difference between waking consciousness and dreama, well, im not woke enough for that yet

3 minutes ago, Viking said:

bla bla bla... its not real there is not difference between waking consciousness and dreama, well, im not woke enough for that yet

When will you be woke enough? Place a date in the future. 

Just now, Viking said:

Are you behaving in a way that would justify sending you to a mental hospital?
Why would merging the dream reality with the waking reality make you behave in such a way?

Breaking the dream rules gets you woken up and breaking the real rules gets you killed. Don't do that and you're good.

Just now, tsuki said:

Are you behaving in a way that would justify sending you to a mental hospital?
Why would merging the dream reality with the waking reality make you behave in such a way?

Breaking the dream rules gets you woken up and breaking the real rules gets you killed. Don't do that and you're good.

What if breaking the real rules wakes you up... into another dream? :D

Just now, Rilles said:

When will you be woke enough? Place a date in the future. 

when ill get my life purpose handled, about 10 years from now (im 20)

i dont trust myself. in retrospect i had no control over my behavior in the dreams, i had a different "logic" back then because the context was different. what would happen if i lost that context when im in waking consciousness?

Do these dreams happen on their own? Do you follow a certain methodology to make them happen? Are you actively chasing lucid dreams?

3 minutes ago, Rilles said:

What if breaking the real rules wakes you up... into another dream? :D

There is no need to hasten the inevitable.

2 minutes ago, Viking said:

i dont trust myself.

Maybe that is the real problem that you are trying to masquerade by blaming your lucidity within the dream world?

2 minutes ago, Viking said:

in retrospect i had no control over my behavior in the dreams, i had a different "logic" back then because the context was different. what would happen if i lost that context when im in waking consciousness?

Your logic works by subjecting the 'dream world' perspective to 'real world' perspective and finding it somehow less real. What would happen if you reversed the roles? What if both of those perspectives merge into one, once you are willing to explore both of them?