theking00

how do i stop mental masturbation

5 posts in this topic

I think too much. How can  I stop thinking?

Edited by theking00
spelling mistake

3 minutes ago, theking00 said:

I think too much. How can stop thinking?

A few things that have helped me:

1. Anything that relaxes the mind (yoga, meditation, running, time in nature etc.)

2. Let go of trying to stop thinking. It just makes it worse. When you are in a noisy restaurant, do you try to stop other people from talking to quiet things down? Of course not, you just let the background chatter do it's thing. Similarly, rather than trying to stop thoughts, allow it to be background chatter. You can sit and observe background chatter in a restaurant. See if you can observe background chatter in your mind.

3. Leo's "Do Nothing" meditation is great for hyper-active minds. It may seem overly simple, yet it can be a very powerful tool.

4 hours ago, theking00 said:

I think too much. How can  I stop thinking?

If you follow these things, things will improved:

- Unfollow everyone on Facebook so you always have an empty wall, delete instagram, watch-out with crap you watch on YouTube

- Set a morning ritual, mine is: wake up -> shower -> meditate -> journaling

Know exactly what quantum of work you need to be doing everyday to execute your small picture and big picture life purpose.  Realize that thinking and planning for the most part do not get any actual work done towards those ends.  This is a seeing.  The mind likes thinking, so you gotta see that thinking is useless because the mind will make thinking feel like it’s the most important thing in the world to do in the moment when you’re engaged in thought.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Focus that energy of the mind, focus it on Breath until you open down the base of the spine and legs, after that, thoughts will simply disappear or in other words, they will appear on will.  

... 7 rabbits will live forever.