lmfao

If you're struggling to enter the meditative state, use sounds and try humming.

6 posts in this topic

I've found that if I'm struggling to enter a meditative state, humming and listening to gong noises helps. One thing that really helped me the other day was listening to this with headphones, 

And humming in synchronisation with the noises. If you ever block your own ears, with headphones in this case, the sound of your voice is sort of amplified in sense in your perception. 

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

This is wicked cool! Thanks for sharing! I geek over anything related to Sound Healing and music therapy, I'm going to try this. I'm strongly passionate about this kind of stuff and incorporating it into my meditative practices. Humming, chanting, singing, speaking melodic mantras or poems, this is all sooo incredibly therapeutic and music and sound are so universally powerful and transcendent, musical frequency lies literally and spiritually within us. 

This reminded me of something..if you haven't tried this yet, one technique I love practicing is working with the musical frequencies associated with each chakra, so perhaps starting off using the standard major C scale. Humming the tones C D E F G A B C starting from the root to the crown chakra, and then you can eventually get creative with it too and start altering the key, tone, etc and harmoniously connect with your voice even more. I love using this technique before I sing or perform somewhere, for preparation, it not only exercises the diaphragm and vocal cords but also cleanses the mind & soul deeply and grounds me completely.

There are some guided videos on YouTube where you can follow each tone to become familiar with it at first, and hum each tone in sync similar to the one you shared, but I definitely recommend giving it a shot! 

Also, I wonder since you dig gongs, have you ever used a singing bowl? :)

Edited by VioletFlame

"Those who have suffered understand suffering and therefore extend their hand." --Patti Smith

"Lately, I find myself out gazing at stars, hearing guitars...Like Someone In Love" 

@lmfao Synchronizing humming with gong seems to be a killer combination, I'll try that. Thx for sharing!

You can aswell use ASMR and be laying down, if really you're bad at meditate without monkey mind.

active listening aswell ( space focus on music, without thought for anything else but the sound )

this can create a feeling of calmness, try it for 5 min, you'll see ( this is why people are  addicted to this type of "repetitive pattern" )

I used this one recently for meditate ( no true asmr but kind of )

You can find ambiant music aswell from video games this change a bit from listening new age "432 HZ music"

Edited by Strikr

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sbw__MsJZ0

We know nothing, and even, I m not sure. a.V.e

@VioletFlame humming with different tones sounds like a good idea, bonus points if chakras are affected. The fact that my voice sounds like a dying frong whenever I try to sing might be a small obstacle, LOL. And I don't have a singing bowl. 

@Strikr thanks for the suggestion. 

@PsiloPutty I'm typing this sentence whilst I'm sipping green tea. 

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.