Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Valach

Orange friend calling self-help books bullshit?

6 posts in this topic

Hi,

I have a friend who is highly inteligent and quite sucessful in academia, but is deeply into orange stage (materialistic, rationalistic). I was reading a book from the booklist the other day and when he noticed it, he spoke to me, that all those self-help books are bullshit and so on. I wouldn't be suprised if he bashed something out of spirtiual or esoteric category, but the book i was reading was actually about career building, which i would assume is an primarily orange value (when i was full orange i would go for such books, now i resonate more with 'higher' teachings). Why do you think orange people like him refuse a self help. Is it because of sheer cynicism or is it something else?

Don't get bothered by it too much, it shouldn't mean anything to you. Let him have his opinion.

He might have had an easy life and is taking self development for granted. I also had a friend like that who kept saying this to me, except he is not successful and I'm sure he never read any book, not just self help but any book.

every single one of my friends called it BS too 

eventually i just talked about it and argued so much that half of them got on board 

i do not recommend this approach.

Edited by d0ornokey

It's due to the academia part.

Academia has its head up its own ass. To maintain its status as the arbiters of "truth", academia must dismiss everything non-academia as unscientific BS. Which itself is unscientific BS.

This attitude is a cancer of the mind.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 hour ago, Valach said:

Why do you think orange people like him refuse a self help?

pride/fear of failure.

it's a matter of time. let him be.

unborn Truth