Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WhiteCongrats

To study or not?

4 posts in this topic

Hi :)
I know it's all my choice but it's very hard for me to make this decision

I'm 24, I've moved to London about 9 months ago. At the time of moving here I had my application to University approved. (I study business). So all this time till I started studying I kind of felt that my Life Purpose was figured out and felt rather happy and challenged about that. Yet as soon as I started studying(6 weeks ago) it turned out that it's not for me. I need to kick my ass to attend the classes, let alone learning and working towards passing my assessments. I feel like this course and learning style isn't for me. So I'm about to drop out but as you can tell every one encourages me to stay and study. But I've been thinking about that - I could stay and be successful but I can predict that I wouldn't end up fullfilled and happy.

I know that many people I know see this as success and finishing this course would open many opportunites that otherwise in my home country wouldn't be so likely to happen - and I second that. But this success wouldn't go along with happiness I guess.

So my dilemma is - should I carry on with the course? or drop out and find my Life Purpose which would really fullfill me?

The biggest problem(and the reason why this topis even exists) is that I dont really know what my life puprose is. Honestly I'm not interested in anything right now. I'm a bit depressed about it and feel that I'm only interested in watching movies, playing games, meeting friends and generally slacking off. I used to create music and was really into it but I stopped cause I'm deaf on one ear and I thought I wouldn't even get by.

What do you think?
Thanks...

Sorry if anything is unclear - english is my second language

@WhiteCongrats

Unless you specifically need a degree, the only value I see in college these days is that it gives you time to explore yourself and party. That's all I got out of it.

Hi fellow Londoner, 

it seems like a struggle that many people on this forum and outside of it currently have. I'd say continue with the uni course if you paid it already but do the Life Purpose course as well at the same time..at least until you figure out what is meaningful to you. 

Once you figure that shit out and can identify initial steps to start transitioning, then decide whats the best cause of action. ...at least that's what I'd do :)

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus