Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SoonHei

Watching/Reading Thoughts as Awareness - with a twist

4 posts in this topic

recently, i have had some deepening of my insight and view into the nature of thought/self

i can be aware that i am the watcher of the thought/self/desire and the fact that any contemplation/understanding is pretty much thought, talking/answering to thought - the only unchanging factor between the two is MY KNOWING of the thoughts

as we all know, if the full deeper level insight has not occurred, it's quite easy to be dragged from the place of watching the thought to being/becoming the thought and attaching/associating to the thought. 

so since my deeper understanding of the insight, i have started to do one thing which has helped and continues to deepen the understanding (hoping it goes full circle and I am free from this entirely) 

what i started to do is watching/listening/reading the thoughts/conversations of OTHERS

it is easy not to associate and attach to the thoughts/comments/conversations of other members on this forms. i read what they have written and watch from a place of awareness... what also helps is that even if i am watching from my ego - in this case, there is still a distance which is maintained between ME and the thoughts of others

in this view, i can easily see thru the delusions of the mind which is really kinda like watching my own mind since we are all one

in this watching, i deepen my understanding

irony of this all is that i have written all this from my ego perspective (parts of it I would say) but having the intellectual understanding allows you to meta-observe others and deepen your own understanding and then soon you can be watchful of your own thoughts from a "distance" 

<3 you all

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

observing the thought from a higher point of view/bigger picture? okay

This is actually very smart... Indeed it must be harder to be attached to the thoughts of somebody's else, but do you only observe people on the forums?

Is there a way to observes one's thoughts in real life? Does a power exist? I wonder

I'm going to try this (observe on forums more closely), because I know what you say is so relatable lol

Also I love you too <3

Edited by B_Naz

You're not human, you're the universe

@B_Naz xoxo <3

Yeah. I mean I have done it in person too but it isn't all that useful. It's decent

But people of forum or comments elsewhere on YouTube but referring to and talking about non-duality and self inquiry

That's the prime reason why I do that on the forum cuz that's all it's about pretty much :)

So observing from a distance in this way deepens the understanding IME 

And this also helps me to be able to do it for my own self-inquiry with the distance maintained as I observe 

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny