Annoynymous

Meditation Benefits

6 posts in this topic

Leo puts enormous amount of emphasis on doing meditation. But why is so important? How can i be benefited if i do meditation? And how much time do i need to continue daily meditation to have those benefits?

I am finding it hard even to motivate myself to build up a daily meditation practice. I have tried before but failed to continue.   

My motivations were:extreme curiosity and interest in something unknown, and when meditating felt like such a contrast to the negative circumstance of everything else.

In other words, usually to me it felt like it lead to the only positiveness in life.

It's important because if you lose the distinction of all separation, You can't be bothered by anything, anymore.

So no matter how long or how dedicated, that's a pretty solid benefit if you ask me.

When you're quiet in meditation, you learn things about yourselves. You learn about the body and brain that you've dragged around with you since Day One, but you also learn that you really aren't those things at all.   :)

Just do 10 minutes a day for a month to get the practice started, and then increase sit times to 20 mins a day. The thing is this: the more you EXPECT things to change with meditation, the less you'll think that they are changing. You need to make it something that you do every day - not because you want to squeeze something out of it, but just because it's something you do. Results will come, but try not to look for them. Easier said than done, I know that firsthand.

Self's exp.:

"Easier said than done"=beginning. Afterwards they'll be equally difficult, (:))...

I think the most important part of it is realising how much gold is at the end of it. You need to have some sort of beliefs about it, otherwise why would you do it. Check out Leo's practical guide to enlightenment. My practise has been 40 minutes neti neti method followed by 20 minutes of breath focusing meditation. 

I've been meditating for what feels like a couple of months now, and holy shit let me tell you...you want to do it. It's fucken hard tho, because you don't realise how much your missing out on until you do it. Basically heaven is literally the goal of meditation from my insights. I've started to feel different levels of euphoria after meditation now...and I can feel my chest open up literally now to. It takes a while for the results to become tangible and palpable. 

The best thing to do probably, is say "fuck u" to all your thoughts and feelings and just meditate your ass off for a month anyway. That's what I did.. haha and it worked. Then after you've seen god in person a few times you know that it's worth it and you can transcend your feelings and just BOOM meditate like fuck. U have to expect that there's always more too btw, like...never believe that you've reached the goal

"...to believe that you are fully aware, would be to become permanently unaware of how unaware you truly are."

(I've also explored ways to using spiritual laws to my advantage in the past. One technique I have for dealing with not wanting to meditate is completely be fine with it. I just be ok with not wanting to meditate and dont, then at some point in the day I sit down where I usually meditate and just start asking myself the same questions I would when I'm meditating I focus real hard and keep an eye on the time just to see. And boom, I'm meditating. And your actually meant to do this in meditation anyway. Your mind creates what you hate.)

Edited by Aaron p