PsiloPutty

L-Theanine: the meditation pill?

5 posts in this topic

Leo suggested it in his Nootropics video, and after some Googling and Youtubing, it sounded totally legit so I ordered a couple bottles. Been taking 400-600mg a day for about 10 days (2-3 pills, one each at breakfast, lunch, dinner times), and I have to say that there's no way the effects I feel are placebo. When I sit to meditate, I'm not only mentally alert, but my ability to focus attention on the breath is just like it was when I got back from a meditation retreat. Attention almost goes to the breath immediately when I sit. I don't have to sit and wait 10 minutes to get into the zone anymore. 

Man if you're into meditation, I think it'd be worth $20 to try the stuff for a month and see if you experience the same. I'm not used to supplements surprising me as much as this one did. I usually just take them because I think they're good for me, not because I actually FEEL its effects. This one is different for me. Thought I'd pass it along.

Wait till you try armodafinil or sulbutiamine.

Oh boy!

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Method of acquiring it?

Edit: Just realized I was taking this pill in the years when I was hyped about gym, I believe before bed haha

Edited by Flammable

You see, the reason you want to be better, is the reason why you aren’t. Shall I put it like that?

We aren't better, because we want to be.

~ Alan Watts

Nice nootropic for anxiety but it makes me kind of mind numbed, not clear and sharp, could be why it is commonly used with caffeine (for alertness). 

@Leo Gura   Yep I have been taking sulbutiamine about 3x a week. Since I feel the same way whenever I meditate, I'm assuming that it's the L-Theanine helping me the most, but maybe the sulbutiamine stays in the system long enough for its benefits to spill over into non-dosing days. Whether it's one or both of them synergizing each other, I'm beyond happy.