Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rilles

A Mindfuck Of An Insight

6 posts in this topic

How is it possible that thought knows that I have a feeling in my body? Might seem obvious but really think about it!

What connects thoughts and body?? 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

Obvious answer would be that it is not a thought that knows it. That itself is a thought that is known, but I sense that it's not quite what you mean? 

If I got it right, I have a counter question for you:

What is it that (seemingly) disconnects the body from thoughts? What part of reality makes that distinction and how is THAT something distinct? 

Edited by molosku

When people speak about body and thought I don’t see them being separate at all. Thought seems to be a function of the body. 

What I would say is that brain/intellect is intelligible. As in intelligence can work through the intellect/brain and its conditioned patterns to end those conditioned patterns...But it’s like a one way relationship. As in we cannot cultivate intelligence by means of thought/intellect, but  to end that movement to cultivate clears the conditioned field so intelligence can operate. This is how I see it though my day to day so far. 

3 minutes ago, Outer said:

Thought...Is not a subject.

It’s not quite clear what u mean dude.

8 hours ago, Rilles said:

How is it possible that thought knows that I have a feeling in my body? Might seem obvious but really think about it!

What connects thoughts and body?? 

The central nervous system, the pineal, corpus callosum with the base of the spine. 

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

55 minutes ago, Hellspeed said:

The central nervous system, the pineal, corpus callosum with the base of the spine. 

Science is great and all but Im looking at whats happening in my direct experience. :)

7 hours ago, Outer said:

Is not a subject.

I never said thought was a subject, I was pondering how it is possible that one sensation happens in one place where another can respond to it, Im guessing awareness connects all of these sensations. 

Dont look at me! Look inside!