Lorcan

Meditation Techniques.

6 posts in this topic

The only technique I know of and use is the "do nothing" technique where you do nothing literally at all, not even in your mind you dont think etc.

Ive been doing thia for 3 days now, would like to try something different. Have more variety so to speak.

I would reccomend staying with the "do nothing" or Shikantaza as it is called for about a month, then swap. 3 days is probably way to early to evaluate if a technique is the right one for you. I really like zazen I must say, I don't use that techinque but I would probably use that one or the "do nothing" technique if I didn't do self inquiry. In the end every technique works...

Hallå

8 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I agree with Trump. (That sounds so wrong.)

But I do have a few other vids explaining other techniques. Here's a powerful one to play around with:

http://www.actualized.org/articles/mindfulness-meditation

Yes it does... I just realized that my profile picture has to be changed, Trump says he  likes the chineese people and having the enso symbol with my profile name is just... Don't know if I should laugh or cry honestly. 

Edited by Sri McDonald Trump Maharaj

Hallå

@Lorcan Well, there are many different kind of meditation techniques and as far as I know most of the big religions have their own kind of meditation although it might be called by another name. I have started doing zazen the past month but for me it is really difficult to turn of the monkey-chatter in my head. Before that I used to do meditation with reciting/chanting technique. You can look up different mantras to use, there are lots of them within buddhism, and you can say them out loud, sing them or just repeat them silently in your mind. For me it was easier to start with a mantra since it is something to focus on than to try to just empty my mind. I still use my mantra for meditation every now and then when I have a lot of monkey-chatter going on. Good luck getting started with your meditation ^_^