Mary

Benefits Of Meditations

6 posts in this topic

For those of who are meditating, how long it took for you to see its benefits?

What kind of benefits did you get? In what ways your life has changed since meditating?

I know Leo has talked a lot about it, but I wanted to know about first hand experiences from other people. Thanks in advance

Edited by Mary

There are ALOT of benefits to meditation. I have meditated for over a year now and I have to say that the most important benefit I have discovered so far is:

-I am in my feelings more and less in my head

-I'm WAYYYY more intuitive, I just feel what is right for me 

-I don't supress emotions anymore

-I cry and laugh more

-I've had about 5 enlightenment experiences

-Spend two weeks in a wired state of conciousness, it was some kind of half enlightenment for two weeks

-Went from beeing suicidal to the happiest person I know

-Dicipline

-My worldview has changed, I'm less dogmatic

-I tent to understand myself and others better

-Easier to get rid of bad habits

I really don't know when the effects dropped in but I'd say for about three weeks, my depression was almost gone and I was not super scared of my emotions. I have almost forgotten how it was to not be a meditatator and I will never quit meditating no matter what. The only thing I really have to say is that it is a bit hard to start to meditate... but not as hard as you think and no matter what it will allways be worth it! This habit is the best one I have discovered in my life, if it wasn't for meditation I would be dead now.

P.S. If you start I would reccomend that you start slowly, for about 10-20 minutes per day, but do it EVERY SINGLE DAY. This EVERY SINGLE DAY is very important. If you want to step up and meditate more, do it slowly aswell. If you start really hard there will be a chanse of you getting scared of meditation.

Edited by Sri McDonald Trump Maharaj

Hallå

Meditation is a slow purification of the mind -- everyone sees results at different rates. Unfortunately in my experience, the portrayal of meditation on the internet can really give you a warped and romanticized perception of what it really is. My personal experience when starting meditation was that it was meant to be this mystical, transcendental practice that brought deep insight -- when none of this happened, and meditation started bringing up difficult feelings, I started having doubts and self-critical thoughts. I started labeling my experiences as "bad meditation" and "good meditation" -- I now realize that doing so was incredibly destructive to my meditation practice in general. These overwhelming enlightenment experiences in meditation can arrive at any moment -- but don't think that just because you haven't had any profound experiences that you are doing meditation 'wrong'. 

No one ever told me that it is okay for meditation to be a difficult experience. I realize now that, for certain people, meditation is much like disinfecting a wound -- to clean a wound, the puss needs to be drawn out (into awareness) and disposed of (letting go). This process can be painful -- and there is nothing wrong with that. 

So for me, I see meditation as a form of therapy. I only really saw results after several weeks -- some people see results after 1 day (everyone is different).

The most important thing is, in my opinion, to have a strong meditation schedule: set aside an amount of time per day for meditation and stick to it.  As for personal benefits I've experienced: calmer mind, clearer thoughts, less  anxiety, elevated mood, fewer negative opinions of myself and others, general increase in optimism (I can be quite a pessimistic guy). 

Edited by StephenK

For me the benefits came very suddenly. I've been meditating about 2 hours every day since the start of the year. The first "benefits" came after about two weeks, I started to enjoy the awkward silences when having a conversation with another person. I could just stop and look at the other person without saying anything and be totally fine with it. Must have been awkward for the other person though, haha.

One of the best benefits I've experienced is being able to control emotions a lot better. For example if I experience anxiety I can just detach myself from the feeling and just view it as another experience, which makes it quite pleasant to feel, because it's just a feeling that's occuring, it's not interacting with "anything", ("me" per se...). 

I also find life more mysterious since everything I experience is actually so weird... really think about it. What is this life? Everything we see, it's so strange when you take a step back and look at it. I am working on detaching myself from my thoughts more and more, and just let life flow.

One of the strangest things I've noticed also is synchronicity. There are so many coincidences happening to me that I see them as a normal part of my life now. I am also able to view every action people make in a meaninful way, like I'm viewing everything from a higher consciousness.

There is also another side of the coin... if you get on this journey, people are going to start viewing you differently. Your eye of intuition will be more present and you won't help to speak truth and express who you really are. Not everyone is going to like this since you've your whole life actually been acting most of the time. We all are in fact, since we think we are the ego and not connected to everything else. I'm not saying meditation is going to make you enlightened, but it will make you more "enlightened" than you are right now, since you start to be more than you do.

Good luck :) 

- Enter your fear and you are free -

On ‎03‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 3:31 PM, Quizzer said:

For me the benefits came very suddenly. I've been meditating about 2 hours every day since the start of the year. The first "benefits" came after about two weeks, I started to enjoy the awkward silences when having a conversation with another person. I could just stop and look at the other person without saying anything and be totally fine with it. Must have been awkward for the other person though, haha.

One of the best benefits I've experienced is being able to control emotions a lot better. For example if I experience anxiety I can just detach myself from the feeling and just view it as another experience, which makes it quite pleasant to feel, because it's just a feeling that's occuring, it's not interacting with "anything", ("me" per se...). 

I also find life more mysterious since everything I experience is actually so weird... really think about it. What is this life? Everything we see, it's so strange when you take a step back and look at it. I am working on detaching myself from my thoughts more and more, and just let life flow.

One of the strangest things I've noticed also is synchronicity. There are so many coincidences happening to me that I see them as a normal part of my life now. I am also able to view every action people make in a meaninful way, like I'm viewing everything from a higher consciousness.

There is also another side of the coin... if you get on this journey, people are going to start viewing you differently. Your eye of intuition will be more present and you won't help to speak truth and express who you really are. Not everyone is going to like this since you've your whole life actually been acting most of the time. We all are in fact, since we think we are the ego and not connected to everything else. I'm not saying meditation is going to make you enlightened, but it will make you more "enlightened" than you are right now, since you start to be more than you do.

Good luck :) 

you have some great posts my friend.  :)

I usually trying to find any sources of stimulation when I get bored, but after I've been meditating for almost a year now , I feel more comfortable and oh yeah my emotions -I am more calm:)