Jack River

Welcome to the machine

14 posts in this topic

A song that reminds me of selfs impluse to conform to its own mechanism of thought. How thought feeds off its own illusion control, and yet resists control, yet remains control. Most excellent song?

Edited by Jack River

Listened Roger Waters playing this epic song in a concert two days ago, marvelous experience.

4 hours ago, Recursoinominado said:

Listened Roger Waters playing this epic song in a concert two days ago, marvelous experience.

Yeah I bet. That would be pretty awesome?

Isn’t this song about how the world around Syd Barret was like a machine? The money grubbing recording industry, the band and fans that led to his mental collapse. Wish You Were Here is such a sad song in this context

29 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

Isn’t this song about how the world around Syd Barret was like a machine? The money grubbing recording industry, the band and fans that led to his mental collapse. Wish You Were Here is such a sad song in this context

I don’t know, but if you look deeper you see that all that has to do with thought. Thought seeking security, controlling, defending by sustaining its own illusion. The society using the and controlling the individual to get what it wants, and the individual also seeking to fulfill its own psychological needs. All this psychological seeking a projection of traditions on/culture. The self feeding loop of psychological becoming. The machine being thought and it’s inherent nature to secure itself by conforming, imitating, self sustaining. Anyway I was listening to this song and that’s what came to mind. 

Edited by Jack River

When we think the machine is the ground/truth, the machine chews us up and spits us out. :/

Edited by Jack River

How about this one? Just heard it in the car xD

Its always fun to give songs their own meanings @Jack River

Edited by DrewNows

6 minutes ago, DrewNows said:

How about this one? Just heard it in the car xD

Its always fun to give songs their own meanings @Jack River

xD 

whwt did you get from that one?

14 minutes ago, DrewNows said:

@Jack Riverdude the ending of psychological time/becoming/thought-self :P 

Yeah. I thought the same. I couldn’t listen To it andn't left the volume down. I’m not a Lincoln Park dude. But the words seems like classic psychological becoming. Looking for security in authority. Fosho dude. Also all part of the machine. 

Edited by Jack River

The nothing really matters part still seems like a reaction though. Could be a conclusion based on reaction.

Edited by Jack River

ha yes it matters the perspective. Reaction to what?

How i see it all the psychological becoming/striving for success doesn't matter as it is illusion/trick the mind uses to find peace

10 minutes ago, DrewNows said:

ha yes it matters the perspective. Reaction to what?

How i see it all the psychological becoming/striving for success doesn't matter as it is illusion/trick the mind uses to find peace

I feel ya dude. I just meant conclusions sometimes are made by emotional reactions. It’s not that nothing matters or does matter, but it doesn’t matter either way. Lol 

It is what it is dudes. Staying with what is. Intelligence doesn’t move in that pattern of psychological dependence. Freedom is action that doesn’t conclude in regards to selfs reactions. 

Edited by Jack River