Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Taavi

Is this something to do with enlightenment?

5 posts in this topic

First of all, I do not even really know what enlightenment is. I have been doing this consciousness work for 3 years quite intensively and I have realized that I have no idea what everybody is talking about, when they talk about enlightenment. Is it the state where I am not thinking and just feel good about being? I have recently discovered that all of my thoughts (the WHOLE STORY of me) truly are not the reality, before I knew it intellectually and thought I understood but now I can just let go of mind work and just "be". There is nothing mystical or anything about it really besides that it feels good to just be and I feel more whole. Is this something to do with enlightenment? Like everything is as it was before but I no longer really believe my mental story since I can switch to "being" mode quite easily and see that the story is not true. Was this the whole point of this work? It does feel great and I think that I am happier then pretty much anyone else that I know but is this it or is it just a stage or something? 

I feel that there is much more to get into being, to reorganize the whole mindsystem to function better and that my work has not ended by no means, it feels more like I can actually really start working now since I am not bound so much by the story anymore. Of course when I get back to my story it stills operates in many faulty ways and I do forget myself into the story quite a lot but I feel like there is no real going back to only that mode of experience.

It was a bit of a ramble I know but I just want to hear if someone has a similar experience or has gone through it. Not really looking for cool quotes or stuff like that, someones personal experience would be nice though.

I don't know if it has to do with enlightenment... ;) but yes, this happened to me after many years of mantra meditation and observing thoughts. Be careful with feeling that there's no going back to that mode of experience, though. Are you getting security or comfort of some kind originating from this thought? Or is it originating only out of the silence of awareness? Also you can ask yourself these 2 questions for other thoughts and feelings.

That's probably all I will write, and thank you (and everyone on here:))

9 minutes ago, Taavi said:

It does feel great and I think that I am happier then pretty much anyone else that I know but is this it or is it just a stage or something?

@Taavi It's a "state" of being this or that. All states come and go. I'm reading this and yes I remember when I went through a similar state. And there will be others to come. And they too will come and go.

Personal experience is a thought story. But you must understand that there's nothing wrong with that. This is kind of a enlightenment in itself.

You can become at peace with your experience when you have a personal experience with it. But you do not existed. Never have, never will be.

Wheneven I'm in doubt, I remember it's all pointless. But it's also the coolest, deepest thing a human been can ever see. We can't be both spiritual and ungrateful.

"In the time of your life, live—so that in that good time there shall be no ugliness or death for yourself or for any life your life touches. Seek goodness everywhere, and when it is found, bring it out of the hiding place and let it be free and unashamed

Place in matter and in flesh the least of the values, for these are the things that hold death and must pass away. Discover in all things that which shines and is beyond corruption. Encourage virtue in whatever heart it may have been driven into secrecy and sorrow by the shame and terror of the world. Ignore the obvious, for it is unworthy of the clear eye and the kindly heart

Be the inferior of no man, nor of any men be superior. Remember that every man is a variation of yourself. No man's guilt is not yours, nor is any man's innocence a thing apart. Despise evil and ungodliness, but not men of ungodliness or evil. These, understand. Have no shame in being kindly and gentle but if the time comes in the time of your life to kill, kill and have no regret

In the time of your life, live—so that in that wondrous time you shall not add to the misery and sorrow of the world, but shall smile to the infinite delight and mystery of it."

― William Saroyan, The Time Of Your Life"

You are developing yourself spiritually. There is a lot of attainable, unusual states. They are all part of the process, although never a goal.

It's only getting weirder.