Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Brian Greendahl

Thoughts On Sadhguru

12 posts in this topic

I've recently listened to a few videos put out by Sadhguru and practiced his isha kriya meditation. I was wondering if anybody is familiar with him and what your thoughts/experience are? 

He's alright I guess, has some helpful videos

He's a legit yogi. Great sense of humor.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Just wondering why he calls himself Sadhguru, that`s not common in his tradition.

A Satguru is considered to be the highest Guru, the one that takes you by the hand to enlightenment, even during different lives.

A profound yogi I can acknowledge, but a Satguru, I don`t know...

@Henri I kind of feel the same though i see how profund his stuff is. Also the practical Kriyas he teaches are extremly powerful. I'd also say he's the real deal.

8 hours ago, Ludwig said:

@Henri I kind of feel the same though i see how profund his stuff is. Also the practical Kriyas he teaches are extremly powerful. I'd also say he's the real deal.

when I hear someone say 'the real deal' in that manner, it makes me question the fact that I know anything about truth. Like talking about sadguru and all of these concepts...it's like wtf is any of this shit?!?!

I have watch and enjoyed plenty of sadguru videos btw, so no disrespect towards him. 

Edited by Cuzzo

I feel like Leo and sadhguru have taken me by the hand and shown me the path to walk along. I found Leo first and then happened onto sadhguru now into moth six of daily meditation and still everyday I refer to at least one video from either guru. Mostly I want to say thank you. And if you want to know about sadhguru watch his space at Ted talks.

On 4/5/2016 at 10:10 PM, Cuzzo said:

when I hear someone say 'the real deal' in that manner, it makes me question the fact that I know anything about truth. Like talking about sadguru and all of these concepts...it's like wtf is any of this shit?!?!

You gotta keep in mind that any guru's words are just words. They are never meant to be taken for reality.

If you keep that in mind, you won't have this kind of reaction.

The map is not the territory. Especially in spiritual pursuits.

Sri Sri Ravi Shankar and Sadhguru

5710ad5ae0dbc_srisrisadhguru.thumb.jpg.c

Edited by Henri
text

I've been watching Sadhguru's videos for a while now. They are really inspiring. He often says that you must not believe anything he says, because - as we know - spirituality is not based on belief. 

There's a book called "Midnights with Mystic" which tells about a woman who spends time with Sadhguru asking him various interesting questions about life. In the book, Sadhguru talks about his past lives, and tells for example, how his own guru lived for 160 years and so on. Also, he demonstrates some feats that would be considered as superhuman abilities. 

Again, these are just stories and there's no need to believe that Sadhguru can actually do anything superhuman. Believing these kinds of stories can perhaps even derail you from your spiritual path.

So I don't know, maybe Sadhguru is called Sadhguru because he is the highest guru in the world right now. 

@clouffy Contemplation and observation.

If something is true, it is happening in your experience and you can observe it happening.

So all you really have to do is look at what is actually happening without adding your own stuff to it.

The tricky part is that you add A LOT of your own stuff to it.