Ampresus

Sharmanic breathing questions

8 posts in this topic

Hello there everyone. I am still new to this forum and the YouTube channel, so I finished sharmanic breathing yesterday. Nice experience I have to admit, but I do have a few questions:

Leo said that the chances of deep emotions coming up was high if you did sharmanic breathing. All I got was laughter. I felt weird, but I guess great during and after the breathing. I still have a little of the feeling in my chest. I wondered if it's oke to do it more frequently if you are just starting. I will watch the ''The Dark Side Of Meditation'' video, but I don't think it will matter. From Leo's small resume, both meditation and this can bring up hidden emotions/traumas. It turns out I probably don't have any. Or else I might have felt it during the breathing. 

Oh and what schedule would you advice for me? I am just curious about all the types of schedules people will recommend. 

this guy has very good tips on how to make your experience better

stick to the once a week sessions, more than that can be too much. i wouldnt do more than 45 minutes at a time. make sure your breathing into your stomach, not your chest, and that your jaw is very relaxed, not tense up, so your mouth should be wide open. after youve completed a session, write down your experiences in a journal, all feelings and emotions.  Usually the first try doesnt bring up anything significant. Try it for 2 months straight at least before quitting, but im pretty sure next week youll have even more emotions released than now. 

Leo said that the chances of deep emotions coming up was high if you did sharmanic breathing. All I got was laughter. I felt weird, but I guess great during and after the breathing. I still have a little of the feeling in my chest.

Laughter is indicative of emotional upwelling… don't feel cheated, Ampresus!! One should be so lucky.

The feeling in your chest is possibly energy you didn't cycle through your system. Do wait until that un-cycled energy dissipates and you settle out before going through another session is my recommendation. I'd wait until I forgot about it before resuming another go at it— avoid anticipation.

I recommend keeping mindful of the way the energy moves and where it might become "stuck" as you carry out the exercise, with an eye toward a full "warm-down" period to clear the energy before you assume your session is over. Impatience and laziness are things to avoid.

Please be careful with all manner of "breathing" exercises— they are to be viewed as temporary expedients and not at all an end unto themselves.

Nana i ke kumu  Ka imi loa

@Ampresus I would recommend that you sample around for different techniques on emotional mastery before you make up your mind. Check out Leo’s booklist for that. I think that Leo is very different to most of us because he had a good upbringing and very little problems. Most of us are here because we have a lot of problems in our lives. I would suggest you find authors and teachers who have expertise in the arena of your problems. Leo’s booklist is a great place to start.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

15 hours ago, How to be wise said:

I would recommend that you sample around for different techniques on emotional mastery before you make up your mind. Check out Leo’s booklist for that. I think that Leo is very different to most of us because he had a good upbringing and very little problems. Most of us are here because we have a lot of problems in our lives. I would suggest you find authors and teachers who have expertise in the arena of your problems. Leo’s booklist is a great place to start.

@How to be wise I read posts about recommendations to buy the booklist if you were a teen. Most people disagreed and said it would just be to much for a teen. Guess what? I am a teen. I will just stick around with my own booklist, it already exists of 32 books so I am good for now. 

15 hours ago, deci belle said:

Laughter is indicative of emotional upwelling… don't feel cheated, Ampresus!! One should be so lucky.

@deci belle Ahahaha I am sorry!! Thanks for the recommendations, I will definitely follow up on your advice. It sounds good.

@Ampresus Lol why would it be too much for a teen. I’m a teen myself. Leo’s booklist changed my life. You will probably never stumble over those books ever. The techniques that they bring are miraculous. 

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie