thehero

TJ Reeves going through spiral dynamics (beige - teal)

27 posts in this topic

19 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Turquoise is still very much wrapped up in Ego — not in the Egoic self but Ego more broadly.  It’s Coral that really starts to see through Ego at the deepest level.  Coral is the stage where True Spirituality emerges when God is fully realized.

Maybe.. but how do you know? He might be a combination of yellow and turquoise. 

1 minute ago, Andreas said:

Maybe.. but how do you know? He might be a combination of yellow and turquoise. 

I’m not talking about TJ.  I’m talking about my own observation and experience with Turquoise and Coral in watching it in myself and in others.  When you reach Coral you’ll get a perspective on Turquoise that Turquoise people are blind to.  Similarly at Green you’ll get a perspective on Orange that Orange people are blind to.

Two charts with side by side comparison of Don Becks Spiral Dynamics and Ken Wilbers developmental altitude colors.

AQALChart1z.png

AQALchartED1.jpg

It surprising that there is so much talk about stages beyond turquoise on this forum. How is the SD model in any way relevant if one is truly so developed, that he/she is considered a true turquoise with zero lower stage shadow/tendencies? How can one ever deepen their turquoisness so much that it can't be called turquoise anymore, and it has developed into a distinctly higher stage?

If there are people higher up the spiral than turquoise, I seriously doubt you could find them on this forum debating about SD. 

Edited by molosku

3 hours ago, molosku said:

It surprising that there is so much talk about stages beyond turquoise on this forum. How is the SD model in any way relevant if one is truly so developed, that there is a serious need to "transcend" the current stage? 

If there are people higher up the spiral than turquoise, I seriously doubt you could find them on this forum debating about SD. 

You're speculating.  When it happens to you, you won't be speculating.  That's the difference.  Spiral Dynamics is a model to organize your personal development around, and also a useful lens to look at other people and other societies. 

But of course if you have no interest in the model, it won't have any practical significance to your life and it will be useless to you.  It's a self-fulfilling prophesy that you continue to fuel by your Thought about the model.  Spiral Dynamics isn't even considered as a viable possibility to you.  So, case closed.

Ego doesn't go away post-Enlightenment.  And you can have a Stage Red Ego or a Stage Coral Ego.  Which Ego would you rather have?  Do you want a Stage Purple Ego?  Ego has certain paradigms that it progresses through, and that's what Spiral Dynamics tracks.

The question isn't whether Spiral Dynamics is true.  That's a red herring.  The question is -- how can Spiral Dynamics be a useful model for my own personal development?

Edited by Joseph Maynor

2 hours ago, thehero said:

@Joseph Maynor much easier to read with the spacing xD?

Paragraphing?  Gotcha.  Paragraphing is something that I've had to kind of warm up to.   I'm finding that paragraphing is really appreciated by readers.

For me, because I'm so in love with my own writing, one big block of ALL CAPS writing looks really nifty.  But writing is not just for me, it's for my readers too.  So I've had to kinda train myself to write more conventionally.

My post here exhibits paragraphing.  Don't think of paragraphs as being multiple sentences only.  A single sentence can be a paragraph.  A paragraph is simply a single idea separated out from other related but different ideas.

Edited by Joseph Maynor