SoonHei

Non-Dual Glimpses / Experience Overlooked by each of us.. Am I correct?

17 posts in this topic

Am I correct to state that we all have overlooked the Non-Dual state in our everyday life when considering the simple example of watching TV?

When we watch a TV show or movie, we are fully immersed in the experience. We are fully watching and knowing the story/experience from a place of stillness - the dinstiction between ourselves and the show we are watching collapses . We aren't thinking about past or future, we are just in the NOW deeply watching the content and in a way, one with it?

Sure, we don't get the experience of all duality collapsing - maybe that's because it is overlooked so easily...

But again, is this correct or am I far off?

Even a moment of a full hearty laughter. Someone has a funny slip n fall and you laugh ur heart out in that moment - you again don't have an " I " in that moment... There is just laughter.. you have become.one with that experience !

It is often said when enlightenment happens, there is usually laughter... Sure the above slip/fall laughter ain't the enlightenment laughter... But the essence of it is the same I feel. Being ONE whole in the moment

Any existence purely in the Now yields the Non-Dual state.. with the ego quickly collapsing and then rising soon after - all unnoticed

Edited by SoonHei

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

@SoonHei

There might be something to it. Eckhart Tolle talked about forgetting about yourself while seeing a beautiful sunset/landscape for example.

I think that when we are fully immersed in watching TV, we are unconscious that we are doing so. Same with great sportsmen, that have perfected their game to the point where it happens unconsciously/effortlessly. But that does not mean that watching TV gets you enlightened ?.

@SpaceCowboy lol yes. i am sure watching tv doesn't get you that :D far from it!!!

also. another thing to note is something a majority of us have experienced and do experience but tend to make assumption of do-ership about it.

riding a bike... when you first learn to ride it, you can't keep the balance, you gotta be concussions enough and "think" about how to ride it or do it etc

or doing repetitive hands on task which after doing it for some time, becomes second nature, you don't think about how to do it. you just do it... or maybe... you assume you are doing it... IT JUST HAPPENS

like driving a car as well... you can be lost in your thoughts and be doing your own thing all the while driving your car seamlessly without thinking

no-effort/no-action is always effortless and flows

Love Is The Answer

@SoonHei I would consider losing one's self into an experience as a form of nonduality. For example, a person experiences a moment of such profound love that there is no time or self. Only the experience of love.

This is one of multiple manifistations of nondual experiences I've had.

I kinda think your onto something with this and I've often thought the same.

Over the summer I attended a theme park and when I was on the rides I was in a state of pure laughter and excitement, just sheer absorption of the present moment. No thoughts. 

I posted this as a reply to another post but I think it would be relevant here as well:

Sometimes I have these moments of clarity as well. As if "I" just completely disappear and all there is is pure consciousness. It usually hits me like a flash or lightning bolt randomly throughout the day or during enquiry. All there is is now. It's quite a (third) eye opener haha. But, just as quickly as these flashes happen they disappear and then the thoughts about what happened start pouring in. I try to stay grounded and not chase these experiences.

35 minutes ago, Charlotte said:

I kinda think your onto something with this and I've often thought the same.

Over the summer I attended a theme park and when I was on the rides I was in a state of pure laughter and excitement, just sheer absorption of the present moment. No thoughts. 

yup. that indeed! that's exactly what it is. that's why it's so simple. it's right there infront of us at all times. but we tend to think that happiness is caused by the content... that happiness (in a way, is triggered by the content) but the mechamsim of what's happening is as simple as this

Is the content currently appearing in the experience being accepted completely right NOW?

if the answer is yes (unconditional acceptance) = happiness

if the answer is no (resistance) = suffering / lack-of-happiness 

one can see that the happiness is not dependent upon the CONTENT in the above question

substitute anything in the content of experience and if the answer is yes, that would mean happiness

loss of a job, stuck in traffic, headache, etc

so these moments of happiness appear in our daily lives - when we investigate such moments we can find that the one common factor is not the happiness but acceptance of that situation entirely (generally happens to be happy/fun stuff in our day to day) but that's where we have got much to learn by watching those who have a higher awareness / enlightened

anytime you're laughing your guts out, you're having a non-dual experience of that moment.  

Love Is The Answer

5 minutes ago, SoonHei said:

Is the content currently appearing in the experience being accepted completely right NOW?

if the answer is yes (unconditional acceptance) = happiness

if the answer is no (resistance) = suffering / lack-of-happiness 

Does that question appear when one is totally submerged in the actual experience?

One could argue that the question itself is a resistance to what is. 

Great investigation my friend. :)

@SoonHei fully agree! Unconditional acceptance of everything as it is in the present moment (as we know) is happiness. What we have to do is accept everything as it is no matter what it is, (no resistance) this will always equal happiness.

Just now, WelcometoReality said:

Does that question appear when one is totally submerged in the actual experience?

oh no. absolutely not. it does not appear. nor is it to be asked during that experience. no thoughts outside of what is happening in that moment right NOW appear during that experience.

this question is merely a tool to understand what's really happening in those moments . to see the process / mechanism of what's happening in such experiences 

@WelcometoReality

Love Is The Answer

@Charlotte <3 indeed

it's a gradul process "upwards" 

the more aware you become, the easier you can see thru a reaction of yours which is about to rise in response to a certain event

this way, anger, a defensive stance comment, sadness etc all can be contained/coped with and let-go of easily

someone grieving the death of their loved one does eventually stop and move on - doesn't mean they no longer love them ... they have now finally accepted their death and are at peace with it. is this not the case?

so if someone is okay and business as usual the next day or the same day after the death of a loved one. doesn't mean she/he is heartless (unless they are and that's a diff topic) for an enlightened person or someone with a high enough level of awareness . they know life/death is part of what-is and it cannot be anyway else once it has happened. accept it. and move on. done. the gap between the incident and finding the peace with the said incident gets smaller and smaller as your awareness risies.

the goal is to be able to do this MOMENT BY MOMENT - that's true enlightenment, living in the NOW and that level can only be attained by NO-ONE. you must become NO-ONE to be able to not have a zitch of attachment to anything to be triggered in anyway . so you merely live and accept life moment by moment. 

this is another way to say find out and live as your true nature. NOTHINGNESS. NO-ONE. 

gradual steps up to let-go of your beliefs and conditioning and then ultimately full non-dual awareness

Love Is The Answer

17 minutes ago, SoonHei said:

oh no. absolutely not. it does not appear. nor is it to be asked during that experience. no thoughts outside of what is happening in that moment right NOW appear during that experience.

this question is merely a tool to understand what's really happening in those moments . to see the process / mechanism of what's happening in such experiences 

@WelcometoReality

Good. But it's really easy when that is happening right? Nothing to do when we are in that state.  But what about when there is resistance?

@WelcometoReality yes. you and I are on the same/similar page there. #WorkInProgress

when there is resistance... it must be seen for what it is - you cannot force the resistance away... or pretend to accept WHAT-IS

it has to be done at the core level

it's almost like freaking out to see that there's a snake on the ground and you almost stepped on it.

now you're on top of a chair and unable to move as you're afraid it may get you 

then you somehow see what you thought was a snake was a piece of wood. you mistook it to be a snake.

the will annihilate the resistance/fear of it. and then there is acceptance of what is :) 

whatever the equivalent of discovering the snake was a piece of wood is for a particular situation needs to be discovered/uncovered (the illusion seen thru) and then the worry or resistance cannot remain. 

nobody in their right mind would continue to pretend to be afraid of a wooden stick thinking it maybe a snake or might turn into one

once you see it for what it is. the resistance/pain is gone. POOF

Love Is The Answer

9 minutes ago, SoonHei said:

whatever the equivalent of discovering the snake was a piece of wood is for a particular situation needs to be discovered/uncovered (the illusion seen thru) and then the worry or resistance cannot remain. 

Some pieces of wood REALLY look like snakes though. :)

And some actually are snakes. Just not venomous snakes. 

My take on it is that once we start to see resistances for what they are they start to lose there power. And once we get as far as welcoming resistance that when things start to take off.

8 minutes ago, WelcometoReality said:

My take on it is that once we start to see resistances for what they are they start to lose there power. And once we get as far as welcoming resistance that when things start to take off.

boom. get this tattooed on the inside of your eyelids.

#ReminderAsYouBlink

Love Is The Answer

2 minutes ago, SoonHei said:

boom. get this tattooed on the inside of your eyelids.

#ReminderAsYouBlink

I would really resist that. ?