Adam M

Thailand Retreat Update

23 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, DrewNows said:

What if they want to keep their (false) sense of self? 

Of course they want to keep the false sense of self. The me depends of the me lol :D. That is fear clinging to thought to sooth itself. 

We don’t “know” anybody, we don’t know if they are psychologically free, “enlightened” or what ever dudes. Anybody that says they “know” what truth or enlightenment is funny. Especially if they don’t understand how they themselves work... I just realized this little game. You know the games “I am enlightened, I know what enlightenment is”, lol. They don’t get it. Role playing is very popular and always has been. Isn’t is something else dudesxD

Edited by Jack River

Psychological freedom is just lack of resistance to whatever arises.

If you feel sad, you feel sad.  If you feel anger, you feel anger.

The difference is you're not going "I should be feeling something else right now."

The reason people think these things are a problem is because they think they're only supposed to feel positive emotions.

To some, that's happiness, enlightenment, bliss, whatever.

That's the biggest load of crap about spirituality or enlightenment out there.

The problem isn't the negative emotions.

The problem is fear of feeling negative emotions. Fear, suppression, denial, distortion, overcompensation, etc.

What keeps a depression going isn't sadness, it's an inability to feel sadness, numbing yourself and feeling nothing, e.g.