Ampresus

Meditation posture problems

4 posts in this topic

Hello everyone. I am meditating for a month now I think. I have a problem though, the way I sit. Everytime I cross my legs I get a sleep foot. Then I am trying to get the right sitting for 30 min before I even start meditating. All I want to do is just sit normally for once and not get distracted by a foot who falls asleep for no reason. My left foot is always almost in the same position as my right, and he still falls asleep. I wonder how, considering that my right foot doesn't. I tried the lotus position and I can't even get into it. Like I am not agile enough. Do you guys know I practices I can try to be more agile? I always admired the lotus position, my body just can't get into it. 

Anyway that's all for now. Take care everyone. 

The position doesn't matter that much, really. I have meditated for a year laying on a bed and seen awesome benefits.

The key is the mental state / awareness / letting go, not how you put your legs. You can sit in a full lotus position for hours struggling to do a technique but this ain't gonna make you grow.

Choose a position you feel comfortable staying in. If you want to sit, research the Burmese position - it's the most comfortable way of sitting on the floor that I have found.

Spirituality is any movement towards the Unnamable. Everything is spiritual.

The only true way out Resistance is going into it because any way out of it is staying in it.

The purest life possible is surrendering to the Absolute.

Stretching your hips and legs consistently will get you closer to the lotus position. I do the lotus position with my left leg up, I find this allows my legs to not fall asleep too much. If they do fall asleep, let go and ignore it. Pay attention to it and realize its just a sensation. Watch yourself freak out about it.

I sit with the soles of my feet touching each other instead of having one foot tucked higher or lower than the other for that exact reason it works great

it's called the butterfly pose

also just one minute of stretching and no pain

Edited by isabel