NoSelfSelf

Superiority complex

15 posts in this topic

Today i found i have this and able to let it go 50% is anyone familiar with it its really something that makes your life not loving, caring 

Edit:This could be stage orange core or trap ?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superiority_complex

Edited by NoSelfSelf

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

@Barry J its not normal read carefully thats not how normal human behaves

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

Now fight.

Once you stop comparing yourself to others, there is no room for inferiority or superiority. Its just you on your "playground" and nobody can ruin that for you. Easier said than done of course. 

Perhaps there is a looming shadow of your past that's causing this that needs to be addressed or a bully that needs to be forgiven?  

Edited by Michael569

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

@Michael569 yeah like nice guy syndrome i linked it to the parents and bullies good tips!

It's you.

Now fight.

@NoSelfSelf

Superiority / inferiority is the whole point of the ego. "Look at me, I'm better than those people! Wait no I'm not, I'm a piece of shit and should die". That's literally the roller coaster the majority of people are on. It's how you maintain your sense of self. When true self-love comes in, you can just drop the whole thing and laugh at how pointless and even destructive it was.

Yes same with me, struggling with pride right now and feeling 'superior' to others. I am letting it go whenever it comes up.

@aurum Yeah the scary thing is i didnt know i was doing this i thought i had to do better than others in other to be something in some skill its so stupid its like motivation thing that cant work in million years ?? 

It's you.

Now fight.

While reading the article , at every section, I was like: " that's me! Wait, that's also me! Yes, I also have this one ... " I think I have all the personalities issues in that article! What is my diagnosis? Narcissistic? Maybe none, and I'm just too hard on myself? I really need to drop it all soon, before it's too late to change.

@Samra good you indentified something that has to go away 

It's you.

Now fight.

Do you guys think that sentence completion exercises in Six Pillars of Healthy Self Esteem are good way to overcome superiority complex?

@EmendareIgni Yeah i think its linked to self asteem so it could help but i dont think it would get rid of it completely

It's you.

Now fight.