failforward

Fired

6 posts in this topic

So I'm in a bit of a jam. I've been the sol-provider for a family of 5 for the past 10 years and was fired for the first time in my career two weeks ago. Many, many mistakes were made over the course of my career and I am paying for those now. I have no idea how this will play out and it's a real struggle to stay positive. I know in the long run I will look back and see this as one of the best things that had ever happened in my life but in this moment I'm tested daily to remember key teachings from Actualized.org: stay present, stay positive, happiness is independent of circumstance, adversity builds strength and is required for growth, etc. 

@failforward You should chill and meditate.

or maybe lock yourself up in a room for hours.

ideas will pop in your head, it works. Trust me.

9 hours ago, failforward said:

So I'm in a bit of a jam. I've been the sol-provider for a family of 5 for the past 10 years and was fired for the first time in my career two weeks ago. Many, many mistakes were made over the course of my career and I am paying for those now. I have no idea how this will play out and it's a real struggle to stay positive. I know in the long run I will look back and see this as one of the best things that had ever happened in my life but in this moment I'm tested daily to remember key teachings from Actualized.org: stay present, stay positive, happiness is independent of circumstance, adversity builds strength and is required for growth, etc. 

I was fired too. I spent 10 years of my life pulling myself up by my bootstraps to become a teacher. Last school year, when I was 8.5 months pregnant my superiors called me into their office letting me know that they wouldn't be renewing my contract next year because I "didn't fit the culture of the school." Because a teacher in their first 3 years in Florida can be let go at the end of the year for any reason and no reason, this really screwed me. No hiring administrator is going to take a chance on me because the teaching field is so competitive. So, over the past year, I've been getting used to this and hoping to "fail forward" as your name says. But it's been difficult because I was providing almost 2/3 of our households income. It really sucked to have my career dashed at the age of 25. But I've been doing a lot of personal development things and staying home with my kids.

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

Luckily I have never had the experience of being fired but I can imagine it doesn't feel good. Everything happens for a reason, maybe there is a lesson to be learned from it. Like you said, stay positive and remember: There is enough abundance in the universe for every single one of us to get what we truly desire.

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

Hey! I've had a similar experience a couple of weeks ago, but my situation is a little different, i'm fresh out of college so i don't really have any obligations but to fend for myself. Anyways, it was kind of the best thing that could've happened, thing is i started the adult work life last year and it really hit me, felt kind of destabilized. At the same timen i got a little more into self actualization and meditation. With time i realized that what i belived to be my dream career wasn't even close to what i needed or wanted so it naturally led to me and the company where i worked part ways. 

When told that the gig i had was gonna end i sent my resume in loads of places and met lots of people and really wanted to land in a place where i wouldn't have any internal reservation. I went to the interviews really excited and happy to understand the people i was talking to and how they view their business, and my enthusiasm was noticed because i got multiple offers. On friday it's gonna be my first day and i can say that this is one of my personal best stories of failing forward 

@failforward when the dust settles and you figure things out let us know! :D we're rooting for u over here!

cheers!

I got fired from my first job within 8 hours.

Turned out to be the best thing that could have happened to me. But it sure felt miserable those first few weeks after the firing, before I found a much better job.

Use the misery as fuel for doing even better in your career.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.