Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Baotrader

mathematics vs philosophy, sex to superconsciousness

25 posts in this topic

one can have dyslexia and be good at math and logic and creative. I have never said i deny that possibility. You're making a conceptual projection on what i said. Be aware of what is talking inside you when you type

31 minutes ago, Baotrader said:

what does math have to do with inability to read and speak? (Dyslexia)? Math is the ability to think logically. Logical understanding does not prevent creativity. It only becomes harmful when one think his logic is all there is. The truth is if you want to build a technology you will need logical steps, not just holistic grasp. 

I'm not saying math is the ultimate standard. No way. But it is surely one of the reliable standard to identify dumb thinking

That is only relative to that standard. That standard doesn't say much outside of it.

See what you consider smart and dumb just comes down to your own idealized version of things. Dumb and intelligent has to be compared to something so it is relative.

In actuality smart and dumb are 1 thing.

The correlation between some good mathematicians being “good thinkers” (which more often than not they actually aren’t because they don’t question deep enough) does not = causation. 

Btw you clearly have very little understanding of what dyslexia is. 

Edited by kieranperez

On 27/09/2018 at 0:46 AM, kieranperez said:

The correlation between some good mathematicians being “good thinkers” (which more often than not they actually aren’t because they don’t question deep enough) does not = causation. 

Btw you clearly have very little understanding of what dyslexia 

to be fair you should go talk with more mathematicians if you really want they are deep thinker or not. Being a deep thinker is a requirement to be good at math

If math did not exist there would have been no modern science.

Mathematicians are not immune to being reckless and dogma

Everything that's said are little hints that might or might not resonate with you.  Think of them as little invitations down certain pathways.  But at the end of the day, you're only gonna resonate with what you resonate with.  And your Path will be what it is.  So, don't get too distracted by the menu, just keep aware to what you like.  You'll transcend the entire menu at some point anyway.

Edited by Joseph Maynor