Zeldor

Rough idea for my life purpose

7 posts in this topic

Hi,

I just finished watching Leo's latest video and I think I have a very, very, very rough idea for what I want to do for work when I grow up.

In one sentence - I want to be a philosophy professor who teaches people how to teach themselves.

There are 3 reasons I think this would be a good life purpose for me.

1) I love philosophy. Doing philosophy gives me the same feeling that doing yoga does, sometimes an even better feeling.

2) I want to teach a class and not teach over a media platform. This will allow me to put more effort into each individual, and I think it would be more fun/stimulating for me.

3) I want to teach people how to teach themselves. I think this would have a bigger impact on people, and would require less time.

I have 2 questions:

1) What questions should I ask myself?

2) What skills should I cultivate while I still have an "abundance" of free time?

Thanks in advance.

P.S: I probably won't teach spirituality. Instead I'll teach self-actualization because I think this would be a less controversial method.

I can't buy the life purpose course because I am financially dependent on my parents. I'm scared that if I ask them to buy me the course, they'll look into him and see his videos on psychedelics/god. I'm currently trying to raise their level of trust in me.

I will probably try to answer any question I get on this forum. This helps me organize m thoughts, get feedback, and get motivation. It also gives me a place to store my research.

Do you want to pursue a PhD and become a professor?  Because there's not a big market for K-12 philosophy teachers.

@CroMagna Honestly, I don't even know if I want to go to college. Instead of becoming a professor, I might make my own "class". If I become a professor, i'll have to jump through hoops and teach what the principal wants me to teach. Also, although there isn't a large market for philosophy teachers, there is a large market for parents who want their children to become successful. So I can market from that angle.

Edited by Zeldor

What do you mean by make your own "class?"  What would that look like?

Edited by CroMagna

Hi Zeldor,

I recently discovered a quite good model, which describes what a purpose should be composed of.

I hope it helps you:

li-pasricha-pilot2.jpg

On 9/15/2018 at 7:40 PM, Zeldor said:

Hi,

I just finished watching Leo's latest video and I think I have a very, very, very rough idea for what I want to do for work when I grow up.

In one sentence - I want to be a philosophy professor who teaches people how to teach themselves.

There are 3 reasons I think this would be a good life purpose for me.

1) I love philosophy. Doing philosophy gives me the same feeling that doing yoga does, sometimes an even better feeling.

2) I want to teach a class and not teach over a media platform. This will allow me to put more effort into each individual, and I think it would be more fun/stimulating for me.

3) I want to teach people how to teach themselves. I think this would have a bigger impact on people, and would require less time.

I have 2 questions:

1) What questions should I ask myself?

2) What skills should I cultivate while I still have an "abundance" of free time?

Thanks in advance.

P.S: I probably won't teach spirituality. Instead I'll teach self-actualization because I think this would be a less controversial method.

I can't buy the life purpose course because I am financially dependent on my parents. I'm scared that if I ask them to buy me the course, they'll look into him and see his videos on psychedelics/god. I'm currently trying to raise their level of trust in me.

I will probably try to answer any question I get on this forum. This helps me organize m thoughts, get feedback, and get motivation. It also gives me a place to store my research.

Hey again Zeldor,

So you sound like your still pretty young, how old are you again?  You may want to find a job so you can start to become financially independent and gain some life experience (mabye even buy the LP course for yourself).  Are there any examples of people who do what you would want to do?  IF so who?  What are the skills and knowledge they have?  What could you do or learn to bring you closer to that?  Those are places I'd start.  you can even share your answers if you need more guidance.