Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SoonHei

satan/devil = desire?

7 posts in this topic

in islam, anytime one has an impure  thought, one is advised to say " I seek refuge in Allah from the accursed Shaitan (satan)" 

these impure thoughts = desires of the ego

i guess only the "negative" thoughts are considered here - but deeper understanding of it shows it just really means anything the ego desires/wants

avoiding of doing-nothing for the ego is everything. ego hates boredom 

also. i think i have read this elsewhere, but the whole story about adam/eve being in heaven and then eating the forbidden fruit of the tree means man submitting to his desires and thereby leaving the kingdom of heaven (place of watching) and entering hell (ego-state)

wow. i blew my own mind on that <3

also. all of god's angels can be thought to be the forces which just are... they have no option but to obey Allah... (forces such as gravity, the natural cycles, everything set in motion appearing as clockwork)

then god created man and all angels except for the devil/satan refused to bow down to the man and said i will lead the man astray... 

again, the ego, the devil against god

bless up 

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

Like the story of Babel. Mankind should not think they are so clever that they can build a tower and reach heaven. We cannot reach heaven with our intellect.
Our intellect is gods greatest gift to humanity. The intellect is gods closest angel if you will. But when the intellect rises above god and fall in love with its creations then you are in hell.

Now why would God allow the snake to exist in the garden of Eden? that is a difficult question worth pondering....

1 hour ago, SoonHei said:

man submitting to his desires and thereby leaving the kingdom of heaven (place of watching) and entering hell (ego-state)

Perhaps when man saw “himself” as distinct from “his” desires then came the illusory conflict/corruption of psychological time. “The  i” began to see itself independent of thought and sought psychological security in thought(itself). 

The Devil is lures into Maya a.k.a. lures into Thought and Experience.  The Devil wants you to forget your true Self and get embedded in illusory Thought and Experience.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Why would the I seek security in thought? Why would the I seperate from it´s desires? wouldnt submitting to ones desire rather make "i" one with the desire.

It is called the apple of knowlege isnt it? it is knowledge humans gained and not desire. Not even sure it was desire that led man to eat the fruit? maybe curiousity? and thats kindof besides the point anyway. Remember adam and eve werent the first ppl, they were not born. Their kids were the first humans.
Like I said above I think it was the intellect that humans gained, that god gave them. I think that´s why god placed the snake in the garden. Maybe he wanted man to make his own choice. Maybe god didn´t want to control everything. Like a parent, they want to protect their kid from the dangerous unkown outside their family garden but what fun is it if the kids never get a will of their own? Us humans have to go out and experience and learn for ourselves.

In biblical story I think the idea of time is linked with sacrifice to god, wich is linked with desire. You sacrifice the desires of moment for a better future. And if you sacrifice to the right and only infinite god then the future you will be closer to god / heaven.

11 minutes ago, luckieluuke said:

Why would the I seek security in thought? Why would the I seperate from it´s desires? wouldnt submitting to ones desire rather make "i" one with the desire.

That answer can be found in the problem (the book of the self).. attention inward, which eventually we see as also the outward?