Baz

Any Tips On How To Focus Whilest Meditating.

12 posts in this topic

Greetings to one and all, may I take this opportunity to introduce myself. My name is Baz I'm from the UK London to be more specific, I've only just litrality embarked on Leo's Actualized journey I came across it by accident however I'm super excited and intreeged how this journey is going to take my life to higher hieghts. So this is my first post and I would like to ask. What really good quality tips can you give me on meditation, basically I find it difficult to focus and my mind wonders and I also loose interest, I really want to focus and learn how to zone out whilst I'm meditating. Any advice or help would greatly appreciated. :D

@Baz Hi Baz welcome, I am talking about my experience you should not try to focus, just watch your thoughts as a train is passing by but do not get on the train just look it is passing and keep staying on track, Leo's video  on this topic is fantastic watch it or listen it several times as I did. Now I am enjoying meditatin the way Leo advised. Good luck. 

The idea, as I understand it is to experience reality as it is and analyze it, not with what you know (labels, science, reason), but actually try to imagine what the sensations and sounds and thoughts actually ARE, experience them firsthand.  You have to sit with the unknowing and examine it.  The point may not even be to discover the truth of these sensations and thoughts and feelings, but to give your mind a chance to expand to a point where it can potentially embrace concepts it is not yet ready for.

7 hours ago, NoOne said:

analyze it

try

to imagine

embrace concepts

All this is opposite to meditation.

@Baz if you feel like you want to learn how to "focus and zone out", then you probably need to do the opposite. Try this meditation:

Edited by Naviy

Watch your breath. Each time you get lost in thoughts, just go back to your breath, it will center you.

What really clicked for me was focusing on looking between my eyebrows (like you are staring at your third eye). It was hard at first, but it got easier with time. 

Meditation in general gets easier the more you practice. 

On 3/25/2016 at 9:16 PM, Hengame said:

@Baz Hi Baz welcome, I am talking about my experience you should not try to focus, just watch your thoughts as a train is passing by but do not get on the train just look it is passing and keep staying on track, Leo's video  on this topic is fantastic watch it or listen it several times as I did. Now I am enjoying meditatin the way Leo advised. Good luck. 

Thank you, I'm going to try your recommendations, the train concept is very interesting.

On 3/25/2016 at 9:16 PM, Hengame said:

Thank you, I'm going to try your recommendations, the train concept is very interesting.

My meditation is going great reckon I'm on stage two, I just wanted ask does anyone  like me medeitate lying down on there back eyes open. I find this to be very effective however I may be doing it wrong with regards to position so just wanted to ask. As a lot of the time I hear "sit on a chair"

Just an update, I've been meditating now for six months (mindful meditation) to be exact. And wow what a life changing experience it is, obviously for the better that is. From reading all your advice and guidance thank you once again. I'm on an amazing meditation journey.

Thanx pal, I will be back with an update in due course in the mean time For those who are reading this and have just started my advice would be, give it time but more importantly give it your full commitment. Your garrenteed positive results. Peace out!

Greetings one and all.

Been a while since I've been on here however I just wanted to let you all know it's been one and a half years since I started meditation on a daily basis I know it's just a mildston although it's truly amazing and life transforming.

Thank you for all the help and advice. X