Hans

How To Get Healthy Glowing Skin?

28 posts in this topic

Hi there, I've got a question.

What would I need to do to have a beautiful complexion that is, you would say, glowing with energy?

I'm currently 18 years old, I had some pretty bad acne for many years, but I took care of that with medicine. Right now I get a few breakouts here and there time-to-time (just noticed a new one, which, I admit, urged me to make this post :D), which disappear within a few days, but it still makes me wonder - what causes them?

What habits would be beneficial to clear skin full of energy? 

Is there a link between breakouts and thought processes? (moods, emotions)

Healthy food (fruits & veggies), exercise, cold showers and NoFap.

More then anything it's about being well hydrated. Drink 2-3 liters of water a day.
Sleep is important as well, both in quality and quantity.
You will also need to eat lots of fruits and veggies for the essential vitamins. 

Yes, you can get rashes, pimple outbreaks, baldness and other kinds of illnesses from your neurotic thoughts alone. Calm it down by meditating, it helps a lot.

:ph34r:

Besides the above, i've heard many good things about neem and msm powder regarding skin issues. 

Very useful ideas, thanks guys.:D

Good diet. Good amount of protein (1g per 1kg is good option), never over-eat carbohydrates. Your food need to cover minimal amount of Mg, K, Ca, Zi.

And those minerals NEED to be bio-available. Vit C form food is a big one too. Cold shower is amazing, but hard. Exercise. 

The magic key- water! Literally. Have 12 to 15 glasses of it. Carry a bottle everywhere. It's not just good for your skin but for your overall body.Exercise as much as you can. Eat green vegetables and try to keep that stress out of your life. For acne, try products with benzoyl peroxide and tea tree oil. Have green tea twice. You'll be fine :)  

Also now that I think about it, definitely cut out alcohol. I indulged in it somewhat last weekend and lo and behold, three days later my face was full of spots.;)

Focus on getting healthy fats, coconut oil, olive oil, avocado, fish, fish oil, etc and NO unhealthy ones, especially no trans fat, cheap oils. Cut back on sugar, no processed foods, eat more veggies.

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

It's probably your hormones. Not sure about guys, but for many women it is. All that talk about eating the right foods is non sense. It does not apply to every person. I've been eating clean for many years and still had periods of times when I had acne - in particular my mid 30's. My last phase was due to a vitamin d deficiency. I'd get a blood test done if you haven't had one.

A few drops of pure organic avocado oil which can be mixed with a basic moisturising cream before bed works really well. :) 

'The end of fear is the beginning of all wisdom'

@stephanie  Your right it can be hormones, and that was the case for me. I had issues with getting spots despite eating healthy. I started taking primrose oil as a supplement and not only did my skin clear up amazingly, my periods were far less painful.

It's a great supplement for women with hormone issues.... Not sure for mens hormones though O.o

Edited by Flower

'The end of fear is the beginning of all wisdom'

I noticed a huge improvement just by cutting coffee out of my diet, and drinking more water. The change was noticeable even after just one week.

I still haven't figured out why I am getting breakouts myself, but at least I know how to get rid of them -- lots and LOTS of water!  That's the only thing that helped, while I've been to several doctors and they've prescribed me all kinds of creams and similar.

Try to drink as much as you can! I've been drinking quite some water (2-3 litres) before in a day. But this didn't solve the issue. Now I drink around 5 litres and no breakouts so far.

A lot of great ideas in this post.

One simple thing I think could be the culprit because I discovered this happened to my ex boyfriend occasionally, wash your sheets and pillowcases regularly....like once a week at least the pillowcase.  I discovered my ex got a breakout when he slept at his house, but never at my house. He also seemed to never wash his sheets. The oils and dirt from the pillowcase that get smashed into the skin all night, bingo, that causes breakouts...

Try zinc cream...the one they use for baby's diaper rash. Very good for the skin.

what i do is have a hot bath with some oil in. this could be olive oil, baby oil and STAY THERE for a while. then come out and you WILL FEEL AND SEE A MASSIVE DIFFERENCE. almost like you came from Hawaii so good luck and have fun with thatB|peace!

I'm going through this now trying to eradicate the acne from my back. The dermatologist prescribed an oral antibiotic (doxycycline), and I'm not going to continue - tons of side effects. Definitely going to try some of the dietary recommendations on here, along with the topical medicine I was prescribed.

What are people's opinions on moisturization/exfoliation? 

Regularly visit a spa where the workers there are there to become estheticians's. The price of the facials are much less expensive than a regular facial. They have numerous services that can really clear up acne in a matter of about a month. Make sure they Squeeze the acne out, ask for high frequency treatment, and an oxygen treatment. And LED light to heal works great at the end also. In Atlanta there in one called Spa at ESI. Wonderful place. That is the reason I have really good/decent/a lot cleaner skin.