Meretagh

Stuck in Life Purpose Course

5 posts in this topic

I'm about halfway through the core concepts, so right now there are 6 more books there to read. All more or less about how to put Life Purpose in practice, into real life. And since I don't even know what my Life Purpose is, I just can't get myself to read them. For example, all the exercises with visualization - I don't even have anything to visualize yet, so I always wonder whether I should even do these exercises.
My question is, for those who finished the course: is reading the books before you know your direction really worth it? Isn't there something I can do specifically to find my purpose?
I know Leo adresses it in the intro, but I just can't get my mind around it.

Edited by Meretagh

To find your life purpose you could just go with something you find interesting and then try to get really good at that.

there is research in cal newports book so good they can't ignore you that study how people end up loving what they do and what they did was basically getting good at something they found interesting.

the research shows that if you are looking for passion you will have to get good at something and then it comes as a side effect not before.

to get good I recommend looking at deliberate practice and deep work and something called the dan plan you could start something similar like he did there is great rewards from doing it.

You can't completely resonate with core concepts If you do not take value assessment and life purpose exercise. my suggestion is just watch these videos simply or watch few which one you seem interesting. don't stuck there. When you take value assessment and lp exercise, then If you watch these videos you will find more meaning and motivation. For now just skip any video you wish. sorry for my poor grammar. 

@Meretagh If you don't know your life purpose yet, your life purpose should be to find your life purpose.

Which should be enough to get you seriously interested in reading books about LP and doing research.

Do you want to live a passionate life?

Yes?

Then how can you not be passionate about reading a few books about how to create a passionate life???

That's like wanting to be a millionaire but then saying, "Oh man... I don't want to read these books about becoming a millionaire."

Think it through. Connect the dots.

As I said in the Life Is A Maze video, you're in a maze whether you like it or not. So you might as well get curious and passionate about doing research to figure this maze out. You got something more important to do?

To be successful at life you gotta love learning about how life works. Why don't you love learning about life?

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura what other lives are available besides a passionate one? is a passionate life the best kind of life?