Shadowraix

Dissociatives for nonduality development? (+Trip report)

6 posts in this topic

Hello! This is going to be a very drug oriented post.

Psychedelics are highly regarded as being capable of being tools for personal development and getting introduced into nonduality. My first experience of the nondual paradigm was on 1mg of LSD. An absurdly high dose. I was basically on the floor most of the time but during my come down it was pure bliss in which it clicked like a lightbulb that everything is one. I didn't know why. I just knew. It took such a high dose I think because I've grown up as a highly logical and connected person to my perceived reality. Although I don't know if autism has any role in that as I was told that I am a high functioning autistic when I was young, No idea if I was diagnosed. I also expressed many attributed behaviors as a child to this. But I digress.

I stumbled upon DXM in OTC cough medicine soon after graduating high school and the idea of a dissociative intrigued me so I began to experiment. I ended up going into 3rd and 4th plateau territory in which you can perceive landscapes in darkness, tons of shapes and images. I remember visually seeing time come to a halt and seeing what I perceived as God. If you decide to experiment yourself after seeing this post, beware that high amounts of dissociation can be scary if you don't know how to handle it. Its also very habit forming. I had a bit of a problem for a little bit, but fortunately wasn't very hard for me to correct. Always do research!

To the meat of the story: this one instance I decided to combine DXM with LSD. 300mg of DXM and about an hour in I took 500ug of LSD. I was also in a call with a friend for this. and OH BOY was it a ride. Its a very hard experience to recall. The first thing that happened was my mind went to heavily focus on the electrical sounds of my computer. Almost like I was tuning into it. It was then I knew I was in for a ride. Visuals and colors were cycling on everything I saw, the colors blended like a smooth gradient, the visuals like the tracers were SO intense that I felt like I could create my own reality as if my hand was a paintbrush. I remember perceiving the universe being built up from its most fundamental form up. It was as if LSD made me hyperfocused on my perceived reality but DXM was the key I needed to take my mind out enough to really let the LSD lead my mind. I remember talking to my friend about reality once I was able to get myself together to talk and I was in awe at the sheer infinite scale of reality and I just started laughing and said "IT JUST WORKS" A full near 8 hours stuck to my bed and my mind like pushed me off a cliff straight into nonduality at hyperspeed. It was this trip that meditation made perfect sense to me and I questioned why I was even confused by it. It was realization after realization. It shattered what I had thought before and I spent a long time after it just trying to fathom the knowledge I had received. This trip was also when I was shown Leo's video "The magnitude of reality" and was introduced to Actualized. This sole trip was what caused my entire paradigm shift unexpectedly when I kept doing LSD before to try and understand what all these guys on these psychedelic forums were talking about. Now it all made sense.

So this has made me question. We see so much about psychedelics for nonduality purposes, but can dissociatives be a tool for such too? Has anyone had any profound experiences due to dissociatives? Maybe I just found the drug combination that worked for me? But still it blows my mind to see just adding a low dose of DXM what it can do for me that high doses of lsd was nowhere near close to doing. (I have no experience of 5-meo but DMT will be soon :) )

Edited by Shadowraix

The most radical shifts in consciousness I’ve experienced was on high doses ketamine + 2C-B / LSD (I haven’t tried 5-MeO either). Both ketamine or DXM alone in high doses resulted in ”dying” and entering universes completely beyond the laws of physic. Also the ordinary ego boundaries and sense of separation dissolved and became fluid. The percieved identity or body image could for example constitute of random combinations of sounds, movements, textures, colors and shapes. There was no difference between ”my” thoughts, ”other” peoples thoughts and saying things out loud. I’ve always had a fascination for dissociatives, it’s something about them that’s really horrifying, almost diabolic, and they kind of force you to surrender, unlike psychedelics which can create more of a ego struggle. Dissociatives take you to unimaginable and indescribable places you’ve never seen which all seems spookily familiar at the same time.

John C. Lilly is the only renowned person I know of who did experiment with ketamine for consciousness studies. Not sure whether he went nuts though. :P

Edited by mkrksms

Of course dissociatives can be used for accessing profound mystical states.

The only problem is, they tend to be physically harmful to the body, and also addictive.

Ketamine can become very addictive and prolonged usages destroys the kidneys I believe. Which is why I do not recommend them. Why take those risks when you can have mindblowing mystical experiences on totally safe and non-addictive substances like LSD, mushrooms, or DMT?

After a 5-MeO breakthrough, even small doses of LSD or mushrooms will be fully nondual, infinite experiences.

I don't need more than 125ug of LSD to take to me to full God-mode.

With so many safe psychedelics to explore, I would leave dissociatives for last on the list, after you've explored 2C-B, DMT, 5-MeO, MDMA, mushrooms, etc.

BTW, once you try 5-MeO, you will not want anything else. It is a psychedelic in a league of its own. It makes LSD seem like a toy (and LSD is no toy).

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura How do you know you are getting high quality or some low quality potentialy harmful substance?

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

@NoSelfSelf Only buy from places that get great reviews. Never buy from an unknown source.

And on top of that, use drug testing kits to verify your substance is a genuine indole.

Be especially suspicious of substances which don't look pure (brown, grey, yellow, pink, dirty-looking, chunky, etc.).

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

5 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Of course dissociatives can be used for accessing profound mystical states.

The only problem is, they tend to be physically harmful to the body, and also addictive.

Ketamine can become very addictive and prolonged usages destroys the kidneys I believe. Which is why I do not recommend them. Why take those risks when you can have mindblowing mystical experiences on totally safe and non-addictive substances like LSD, mushrooms, or DMT?

After a 5-MeO breakthrough, even small doses of LSD or mushrooms will be fully nondual, infinite experiences.

I don't need more than 125ug of LSD to take to me to full God-mode.

With so many safe psychedelics to explore, I would leave dissociatives for last on the list, after you've explored 2C-B, DMT, 5-MeO, MDMA, mushrooms, etc.

BTW, once you try 5-MeO, you will not want anything else. It is a psychedelic in a league of it its own. It makes LSD seem like a toy (and LSD is no toy).

Good points. Although I did find one study regarding photoreceptor toxicity with LSD (Yeah 1 study so grain of salt) and the whole HPPD thing for some people is definitely a concern. It is a drug with one of the highest physical safety profiles though. I'd say prolonged use of psychs has resulted in mental problems for some, but tolerance levels and overall mental strain makes it harder to abuse. Prolonged disso abuse can lead to kidney damage and cloudy minds/ scary dp/dr symptoms if you don't give your body ample recovery time which isn't helped that you can do it every day and feel fantastic. (Erowid recommends 3 week break for 3rd plat doses 4 weeks for 4th etc between DXM doses)

Maybe 5-MeO will be the single substance for me, but I do still see myself trying dissos like Ketamine and maybe mixing it with psychedelics to have the experience. If I can obtain 5-MeO instead of N-N DMT I will do so. 

I'm actually going for lsd+mdma pretty soon and hope to get something really special out of it. MDMA is basically a therapist for me, helped me uncover and deal with some deep trauma I wasn't aware of.

125ug for all out God mode? Wow! That blows my mind. I can't even fathom when I only got a taste of it on 1mg

Information is much appreciated though. I find dissociatives to be the darker cousin to psychedelics in a way. Very interesting.

Edited by Shadowraix