non_nothing

Sex and sprituality

5 posts in this topic

I used forum's search but did not bring any results. So what I would like to do is start a discussion focused on the following things:

[First question]
- Are sex, sexuality, natural urges, sex as addiction... etc. etc. do these exist for some higher purpose related to spirituality? or these just plain feelings that you should get rid of as we know how i.e masturbate solo or sex/w someone else, i.e nothing different than when you starve you go eat. It's just natural function.

-OR-

there's some higher path to connect these things? I heard of something like tantra but it just sounds like some other type of western corrupted teachings.

The thing what confuses me is the power of sexuality. It's like the most if not the best, force that drives any living being. We can all agree upon this I believe. I want to discuss about this why this is being the most stimulant to the brain when activity is done. [second question] (actually kind of similar to first)

Teaching of NoFap claims that you should never go solo masturbate. My personal experience is yes, I do agree that when I quit soloing, I experienced my energy levels increased, my clarity stuff etc. I can do more spiritual work because of spare time etc etc you can check it out if you don't know about it.

What's the real purpose of sex? Sex urges? Sex being the most simulating activity for brain?

I realized some time ago that for me, sex is about union. in the end all I want, is to feel connection...to others, life itself, nature, to everything <3

Edited by phoenix666

whatever arises, love that

"Take things as they are. Punch when you have to punch. Kick when you have to kick." - Bruce Lee

I say, fap when you have to fap and fuck when you have to fuck. Take things as they are. 

Sex and spirituality have nothing to do, since the pleasure which you feel out of sex or masturbation is just what evolution gave you so that you will like it and have higher chances to generate offspring. 

The same happens with fear, feelings, emotions, etc. They are just what evolution gave you to improve your odds to survive. 

Edited by Sbilko

@Sbilko I agree!

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

12 hours ago, non_nothing said:

I used forum's search but did not bring any results. So what I would like to do is start a discussion focused on the following things:

[First question]
- Are sex, sexuality, natural urges, sex as addiction... etc. etc. do these exist for some higher purpose related to spirituality? or these just plain feelings that you should get rid of as we know how i.e masturbate solo or sex/w someone else, i.e nothing different than when you starve you go eat. It's just natural function.

-OR-

there's some higher path to connect these things? I heard of something like tantra but it just sounds like some other type of western corrupted teachings.

The thing what confuses me is the power of sexuality. It's like the most if not the best, force that drives any living being. We can all agree upon this I believe. I want to discuss about this why this is being the most stimulant to the brain when activity is done. [second question] (actually kind of similar to first)

Teaching of NoFap claims that you should never go solo masturbate. My personal experience is yes, I do agree that when I quit soloing, I experienced my energy levels increased, my clarity stuff etc. I can do more spiritual work because of spare time etc etc you can check it out if you don't know about it.

What's the real purpose of sex? Sex urges? Sex being the most simulating activity for brain?

Sexual feelings have a very high purpose... The reason is quite obvious. It is sex which sustains life on the earth. It is sex which brings life. You and I are here because of sex.  That is the reason why nature has given so much power to sex. 

When it comes to spirituality, anything can be used as a stepping stone.  Sex, pissing, walking, eating or anything for that matter can be made as meditation.

But there have been certain practices in left hand tantra in India which used sex in spiritual sadhana. But that is completely different from how Tantra is portrayed in the west. The left hand tantric practitioners that I am talking about used to wander in the cremation ground, smear ash all over the body, roam naked, eat food in human skull, have sex with corpse, smoke weed all day and even eat the flesh of wolves and jackals.. So, it is really not as cool as the western version of Tantra is practiced. Even those days such practices were done in secret. These days, I don't think left hand tantra exists in its original form. But we have people called aghoris in India who retain certain practices of left hand tantrists:

9eedc724d531253826eb27c084067a35.jpg

3-15-Jaw-Dropping-Facts-About-Aghoris.jp

Aghori-Sadhus-Wallpaper.jpg

1-1452749266_835x547.jpg

Shanmugam 

Subscribe to my Youtube channel for videos regarding spiritual path, psychology, meditation, poetry and more: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwOJcU0o7xIy1L663hoxzZw?sub_confirmation=1