Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
electroBeam

What non-ordinary state is best for creativity?

6 posts in this topic

By non ordinary, I mean non-ordinary reality, as described by Michael Harner. Out of all possible states of consciousness, from any spiritual sector, which state is appropriate for expression of creativity and intelligence. I would imagine that this non ordinary reality would exhibit:

- less boundaries than ordinary (physical reality) reality, or boundaries that are expressed in infinite/pure form.

- a highly energetic state (sort of like in Kriya, when all the atoms in the world become infused with prana)

- deeply existentially insightful

- because this state isn't about performing some task (for example shaman healing, where you get spirit animals out of people) but about a new perspective or way of thinking, I would imagine that this state is more abstract than other non-ordinary states (like dreaming, shamanistic states, etc).

Does anyone know of such a state? And if so any resources for practicing it? I do know of a culture that did enter this reality, this culture was ancient egypt, but practicing their culture is extremely hard as there are no masters these days who practice it, and finding information about it is difficult.

I believe creativity is that childish thoughtless state where intuition takes the spotlight from rationality. Thought attempts to perpetuate the known, while creativity is the exact opposite. Now, is it possible to enter a state of thought which is more atttuned for creativity? i believe so but thought has to take the backseat, like the navigator in a rally-car. The driver has to be completely intuitive/no-thought, and let thought(navigator) guide his creativity. Just know,that the more you try to control the direction of your creativity, the more you restrict the creative aspect. 

The way I attempt to strengthen my creativity is to constantly look for ways to do things differently. Always taking different routes, doing silly stuff along the way. I paint, write, play music, dance etc. and when I do each of th see things I try to let go of the ideas constantly popping into my head about how they should be done. It's about breaking down those patterns that arise out of repetition, without completely eradicating them. Slowly you'll find it easier and easier to get into a 'flow-state'. With dancing I lose myself and become an extension of the Music(The music becomes my navigator). With painting I lose myself and become a translator of spirit into form. 

Creativity is all about letting go. You are essentially creativity, so reaching the unbounded state of no-thought allows your authentic self to unfold. Reaching this state is one thing, keeping it for extended periods of time is something much more difficult, as you want to be in control of a state that is essentially uncontrollable and perpetuate what is essentially anti-perpetuation. 

Edited by WindInTheLeaf

11 hours ago, WindInTheLeaf said:

I believe creativity is that childish thoughtless state where intuition takes the spotlight from rationality. Thought attempts to perpetuate the known, while creativity is the exact opposite. Now, is it possible to enter a state of thought which is more atttuned for creativity? i believe so but thought has to take the backseat, like the navigator in a rally-car. The driver has to be completely intuitive/no-thought, and let thought(navigator) guide his creativity. Just know,that the more you try to control the direction of your creativity, the more you restrict the creative aspect. 

The way I attempt to strengthen my creativity is to constantly look for ways to do things differently. Always taking different routes, doing silly stuff along the way. I paint, write, play music, dance etc. and when I do each of th see things I try to let go of the ideas constantly popping into my head about how they should be done. It's about breaking down those patterns that arise out of repetition, without completely eradicating them. Slowly you'll find it easier and easier to get into a 'flow-state'. With dancing I lose myself and become an extension of the Music(The music becomes my navigator). With painting I lose myself and become a translator of spirit into form. 

Creativity is all about letting go. You are essentially creativity, so reaching the unbounded state of no-thought allows your authentic self to unfold. Reaching this state is one thing, keeping it for extended periods of time is something much more difficult, as you want to be in control of a state that is essentially uncontrollable and perpetuate what is essentially anti-perpetuation. 

thanks for this! The 'allowing the music guide you' is an attractive concept especially.

going off what windintheleaf said, creativity is a part of being

shinzen young made an interesting video about 'AUTOTHINK', which is essentially opening your mind up to infinite intelligence (what he calls a 'global unfixated state') through mindfulness

it can be applied for creativity, but im not sure if its the best method for certain kinds of art which may require more than simply capturing insights from infinite intelligence (e.g. art involving some kind of physical action)

Edited by calibrate

+1 what @WindInTheLeaf  said.

Coming to creativity, if something beautiful has to come out of a human being, the most important thing is a certain sense of abandon – who you are has been forgotten for a moment. That is when you sing beautifully, dance beautifully, paint beautifully, that is when you can do something beautifully. Today, because we have been overtaken by the European mode of doing things, we think of systems all the time. Systems will work, but too much of system will kill you in the end. If you learn to do something with abandon, it may not turn out the same way every time, but there is beauty to your action – not because of the result, simply for the action.

If you have no sense of abandon in your life, you will suffer life after some time. Everywhere, the world has been infected with mindfulness right now. This country has always invested in how to be mindless in your activity, that your mind does not come in. If your mirror is well-polished, you become a reflection of the creator; or at least a reflection of the creation.

These are sadhguru's words#

There's a program called Shoonya where you consciously abandon absolutly everything.