NoSelfSelf

Caring about the community

10 posts in this topic

Im stuck at stage orange im too concerned about my own growth and i dont know how to switch that to become community orianted because of this i struggle to find life purpose,i see that i would jump in a trap if i stay concerned only about myself for the rest of my life...

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

Ask cashiers "how are you?" , smile at people you meet, don't litter, etc. are small ways you can help out the community.

It is all about intention.

You are being too hard on yourself, btw. You aren't doing life wrong. You are on the right path.

Edited by Brittany

@Brittany I try to do the little things but then i dont see i helped anything and i dont know whats my path and its killing me :( :D

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

Now fight.

@NoSelfSelf @NoSelfSelf @NoSelfSelf

6 hours ago, NoSelfSelf said:

@Brittany@Brittany

Ignore this sentence and everything written above this sentence, using actualized.org on mobile is like being on 5 meo-dmt. 

13 hours ago, NoSelfSelf said:

i dont know how to switch that to become community orianted because of this i struggle to find life purpose,i see that i would jump in a trap if i stay concerned only about myself for the rest of my life...

How is solely being concerned for yourself preventing you from finding a life purpose? What trap would you be falling in if your life purpose only involved yourself? Many people have life purposes around mastery of something, and that is a selfish pursuit (I don't mean selfish in a negative sense. I mean it as in "self- ish" ). I feel like you haven't give enough info about what exactly your problems are. In what ways are too concerned about your own personal growth and in what ways are you not concerned about the community? 

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

@lmfao well you cant have life purpose we talk about if it doesnt impact community enviroment or animals if you go for purpose just for yourself i can see that any sucess wont bring me happines you get happines when you contribute to the world so your purpose should be that but i dont know how to transition to green stage thinking because im individualy orianted...

It's you.

Now fight.

@NoSelfSelf

34 minutes ago, NoSelfSelf said:

@lmfao well you cant have life purpose we talk about if it doesnt impact community enviroment or animals if you go for purpose just for yourself i can see that any sucess wont bring me happines you get happines when you contribute to the world so your purpose should be that but i dont know how to transition to green stage thinking because im individualy orianted...

Mate that's just false though. Who's the "we" you are referring to here? Loads of people's life purpose arise around the states of being and emotions they feel when doing what they love, regardless of other people. Self-ish life purposes can still have a positive impact on the community.e.g. People who play music might be like this, people who play sports, people who master their craft, people who keep exploring an academic domain. Success alone won't ever bring your happiness, regardless of what you do. Only being satisfied with the present moment would give you that. 

Regardless of what can be true for different people, you're saying that for you in particular you want your life purpose to have a positive impact on the community. Am I right in thinking that? I feel like I have very little info from which to give you advice. Other than that the fact that your life purpose would have the consequence of helping people/animals, what else would you want from a life purpose? Do you want to be a doctor? A charity worker? A vet? A therapist of some sort? Am I wrong in suggesting these medical based profession? I know that your question is actually asking about how to transcend orange but I'm concerned about how perceive yourself and how you perceive stage green. Like I've said previously, many people pursue self-ish life purposes which still have a positive impact on the community in some way (but they don't do it because it has a positive impact). 

Just because you grow yourself into someone who cares for other people, it doesn't mean that your life purpose has to be some people-orientated profession where you directly interact with them and help them. I know that for me, I don't give a fuck about whether I "contribute to the world". Imma just do what's get me into the flow of things (studying physics and solving problems), and that gets me happy. Any small contribution I make to the world would be a welcomed side consequence. Life long monks who aren't helping people are perfectly happy. They're just going with the flow of the present moment. And if the flow of the present moment leads you to wanting to help people then that's also great. All I'm trying to say is that whatever you do, you should have a life purpose that you enjoy the present moment process of irregardless of what that means to arbitrary standards. 

In terms of transcending orange the best advice I can give is this video:

Watch the end of this video for tips how to transcend orange. If you meditate and your ego shrinks then you will go beyond orange and you will be beyond the need for advice for how to change yourself. I agree with @Brittany 100% here, just try small changes at a time. 

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

When you can't advance your life by yourself alone, you will start resorting to the help of your community. That's when you start transitioning into Green. When silly laws destroy your job or your business, you will realize that social issues matter. At some point, you will realize that sometimes, personal efforts are not enough to get out of extreme poverty. Then, you will start caring about communal values.

I used to care about community a lot, but I couldn't find a community I really liked to stick with.

As I talked with people in communities, I felt that I was pissing my life away and really not achieving anything significant.

I was wasting time by talking over and over. Nothing was getting done. I felt great desire to achieve something significant for myself.

In the end, I ended up having to launch a business to survive financially. I'm going to focus very hard on life purpose. I still care about communities, but I have personal duties to fulfill for myself.

I was discussing about ideologies in communities before I started watching Leo's videos. Recently, I realized that reacting to ideologies is a bad strategy. If a military general reacted to every problem on a battlefield, the general would quickly lose the war by pissing away strategic resources. To win the larger campagin instead of little battles, you have to strategize and be proactive instead of reacting to people's ideologies.

When you become Green, don't react to people's ideas. Instead, find strategic weak points, and concentrate your forces on those weak points. If finding strategic weak points in people's ideas is not important, you should just focus on your life purpose. Actually, you should focus on life purpose already. Concentrating your force on your own ego's weak points is going to be very important for achieving life purpose.

Edited by CreamCat

@lmfao Yeah you are right about what you are talking about but im following life purpose course it should impact people or something thats the whole idea idk what to impact whats your purpose?

It's you.

Now fight.

@CreamCat Yeah i always taught that im the one who will be enough to do have what i need in life 

It's you.

Now fight.

@Caterpillar I see what you are saying but i like more the other way around me sharing my gifts to others 

It's you.

Now fight.