kellyyhengg

What Is Love ? How Do You Know When To Leave ?

14 posts in this topic

How do you know when to quit a relationship (not a marriage ) ,

still young and stuff so yea ..

I think that love means sacrifice. When you are able to sacrifice everything for a cause or for a person without thinking twice and also without even thinking about getting any love in return (which most people don't do).

2 hours ago, kellyyhengg said:

How do you know when to quit a relationship

I think when its not contributing towards your life purpose and not allowing you to self actualize then its probably a hoax and a waste of time.

Edited by Electron

Love it s suppose to make you happy ,  not sad. 

When it makes you sad,  guilty leave. There is a good reason, maybe you Don t see it. Or maybe you see it, and still stay. Do your reserchs about your situation, make courage and leave. 

Baby don't hurt me, don't hurt me, no more...

Love is within yourself. Love is when you love yourself 100% and the other one 100%. True love in a relationship is when you love the other person so that the person feels free. And even more important, you love yourself, so you can leave too when things go into a direction that you don't like.

When out of five things 4 things go right and one thing goes wrong that time you stay when 2 things go wrong you leave check out leos videos on relationships 

usually the first signs of doubt are not a good sign. If you are not happy with someone and you don't see it lasting along term, then maybe not waste your time. If you are going through some things but still have hope and want to make it work, then try and make it work. Relationships always take two to tango.

@kellyyhengg @Irina Irina I think a relationship is not supposed to make you happy. That's what disney tells us, but with this belief we hand over a huge task and responsibility to our partner. It's our inner work how can a partner ever fullfill this?

"It’s not sunshine and rainbows and a constant euphoria. It’s not about breaking up because you’re no longer happy. A relationship ends when you’ve each served your purpose to each other, in terms of growth. You part ways when you’re meant to part ways, when there’s nothing more you can learn from each other, when you’ve, quite literally, grown out of each other."   A quote from this site: A Relationship Will Not Make You Happy (So Stop Looking For Happiness There):

But I feel that even that is not quite right. We misstake love with ego attachment and addictive clinging. But that goes into a spiritual direction. If you are interested, check these texts of Eckhart Tolle out:

(He basically describes how we try to cover up our pain by relationships and when it doens't work anymore we blame the partner.)

"The death of the mind is the birth of wisdom." -- Nisargadatta Maharaj

14 hours ago, ZenMonkey said:

@kellyyhengg @Irina Irina I think a relationship is not supposed to make you happy. That's what disney tells us, but with this belief we hand over a huge task and responsibility to our partner. It's our inner work how can a partner ever fullfill this?

"It’s not sunshine and rainbows and a constant euphoria. It’s not about breaking up because you’re no longer happy. A relationship ends when you’ve each served your purpose to each other, in terms of growth. You part ways when you’re meant to part ways, when there’s nothing more you can learn from each other, when you’ve, quite literally, grown out of each other."   A quote from this site: A Relationship Will Not Make You Happy (So Stop Looking For Happiness There):

But I feel that even that is not quite right. We misstake love with ego attachment and addictive clinging. But that goes into a spiritual direction. If you are interested, check these texts of Eckhart Tolle out:

(He basically describes how we try to cover up our pain by relationships and when it doens't work anymore we blame the partner.)

I didn t mean it like that. When you are uncapable of being happy all by yourself and you re looking for a relationship to feel happy, is wrong from The beginning. But when you are happy, you have something going on, and The relationship you re in brings you down and makes you feel bad about yourself, it s Time to drop it.

You really have to respect yourself and think more  like a man. Us Girls GO with our feelings and that ain t always good. 

It s tricky with Men.

Love is respect. Respect for the self first and if you  respect and love yourself trully you will respect and love others. 

If you respect yourself and know what you stand up for and what you Don t, you will not attract so much men that are no good for you. 

@Irina Irina Ah, okay I see... That are some good points.

"The death of the mind is the birth of wisdom." -- Nisargadatta Maharaj

On 3/30/2016 at 9:48 PM, JevinR said:

what is love?

Love is not something that you do or perform it is something that you are..  and if you dont take it to the relationship it most likely will fail or continue in pain and misery.  Two lonely people come together out of their loneliness and make a play called love.  How can a relationship survive when those in it dont even know what love is or possess it.  If those in the relationship are functioning as the identity and ego, each with their own programing and belief system, it will be a rocky road.  When you become self realized you become love, you no longer need to be loved, so that in itself changes the game of needing to be with someone or needing to be in a relationship.  The meaning of many words have been butchered by unlearned people to the degree that those words are meaningless.  You have to know yourself, love yourself, before you can know or love another.

Love is appreciation. If you don't appreciate your significant other well then there is no point in staying in a relationship with this person. Appreciation can only be when a lot of good things and only a few negative things happen. Just open up and think why you might not want to be in this relationship anymore. Is she ugly? is the sex boring? What do you do to maintain the relationship? What does she? Do you just want to have sex with other women or just have the freedom of being single? Do you feel like you are in this relationship and not having any control but she totally has? Sorry, I totally talk from a mans perspective here. But Im just saying my thoughts out loud. Maybe you have regrets? Are there things in the past that you can't forgive him or her?