Stoica Doru

Is marriage worth the time?

4 posts in this topic

As far as I am concerned, being married, doing all the simbolistic and religious work is useless, as long as you can get along with your partner just right. If it turns out that the relationship doesn't work, or if you find interest in other women or man, you simply leave it all behind. From my perspective, marriage is more of a ilussion that forces people to keep living next to each other, even though many incompatibilities may arise within the marriage. It's just a relationship taken to the next level, at least semantically speaking. It's a form of subtle slavery.
If you truly love someone, then there's no need to create a false sense of protection by going through all the formalities. Some say that this might be a window for infidelity, but there are a lot of unsuccessful marriages and vows don't have any power against the harsh reality.

There's no need to promise, as the promise itself it's delusional and limits freedom. You love them because that's who they are, regardless of all the religious conducts. Of course we should be fighting for our relationships, but being forced to stay in one type of relationship, called marriage, just because that's the social and religious conduct, it's a sure recipe for disaster, sooner or later. 

Ain't it funny how men think?

They made the bomb, they are extinct.

Well, personally, even from what you said, if my girl wanted to get married I would 100% do it for her especially if I know she's the one. I don't give a fuck about the social and religious conducts, even if she believes in them. Marriage can show your women that you're 100% committed to her and that you've chosen her over EVERY other girl out there, to me it's not some form of fucking slavery. (what the fuck?) I wouldn't get married to her because of some fucking "illusion" of physical borders in order to keep her around or to keep some false sense of protection and she wouldn't either. If we're doing that then we're not perfect for each other and the relationship is based on fear, not love.

Why would you get married to someone who you know isn't the perfect for you with all these issues you've listed? That sounds like a deeper issue of not having a lot of options with women or just settling with what you've got even though you're unhappy.

If you can't have all the freedoms you've listed in the marriage then you haven't found the right one.

Edited by Truth

Memento Mori