Cortex

Losing Track Of Time While Meditating

8 posts in this topic

The more and more I meditate the more minutes are there that I didn't even notice had passed, for example while ending my meditation I think that it was 25 minutes but then it turns out that it was 45 minutes, this happened to me today, and it happens more often, but today was the one of the longest times, what does it mean

Well that's really good to know, so now I will be meditating for the rest of my life even more than 100% 

I am really happy that I've choosen  this meditation habit, that will be one of the habits that will stay with me forever, and now I see that it starts to work 

@Cortex Nice!   Just for conversation- this should make sense to you. Someone was asking during the week about what meditation technique to use because there are so many and nothing is really working for them. My suggestion was just practice being the "empty screen of consciousness".

Sounds like you've found what I was referring to. No thoughts of self, no thoughts of time passing, no sense of space. All thoughts are left behind and all that remains is empty awareness. It's like a vacation from all the mental activity that usually goes on. This is why it's sometimes said "meditation is more restful than sleep". Even during sleep there is still mental activity. Meditation goes beyond that. It is the fourth state of consciousness and unless it is directly experienced through practice most ppl would never know it exists.

realms5f.gif

cetus56, actually I feel better after meditation than sleeping 

Edited by Cortex
Meditation