doucey24

Incredibly surreal experience when I looked at my reflection today

4 posts in this topic

Today I was doing some creative work at my desk. I was in a state of flow and I felt this feeling (which is becoming more frequent and familiar) of a spontaneous 'spike' in my consciousness occurring.

To provide some background info on these 'spikes', they usually begin as a feeling of pressure building inside my head followed by a sudden 'releases' or 'spikes' of energy. Each spike is accompanied by a single, very faint, brief and sharp, 'creaking'  noise I hear from somewhere inside my forehead/brain region. After each spike occurs, and there can be 3/4 in a session, I feel my awareness leap upwards, so to speak. As this happens, I usually just stop what I'm doing and stare directly forward and tune into this feeling experience further. I sometimes enter into samadhi-esque states - as in I briefly am able to tap into a minor level of non-dual awareness. Then it eventually fades and I return to what I'm doing.

This happens fairly regularly and of its own accord - I don't do anything to induce these moments. I'm not sure if anyone can relate or inform me further regarding this?

Anyway, when it happened today, it was particularly odd.

I felt this cerebral sensation of rising consciousness whilst working, and I decided to turn my chair to look at myself in the mirror on the wall next to me.

I was looking at my reflection as my visual experience was becoming increasingly  'hazy' and 'lucid'. Then all of a sudden, I saw a different person in the mirror. It was as if someone had been superimposed over my reflection, like some kind of hologram. The effect of it kind of reminded me of a psychedelic visual. The face looked like it belonged to a historical person. I intuitively felt he was from the 18th or 19th century. Not only did his hairstyle and features give me this impression, but his attire, which was also superimposed over my normal clothes, was a kind of navy blue uniform resembling some kind of blazer (the kind you might see in a portrait painting).

I felt a deep sense of both unease and intrigue as I looked into his eyes, and again, I intuitively felt that I was looking at someone who had actually existed in the past.

I am both a rational and spiritual person - skeptical yet very openminded. I meditate daily and have experience with psychedelics. Having said that,  I've never been involved or particularly interested in paranormal phenomena. However, I am wondering, is there anything I should be aware of to help me understand this experience?

Edited by doucey24

REALLY cool :)

I can't help you but wanted to say that I like reading posts like this!

It's Love.

ive also had a paranormal experience (seeing a ghost or spirit)

for context im 20 years old and have never had any similar experiences until I had an awakening and started meditating this year

so i can say that in my experience there are other 'realms' which can be perceived in our own

i have a speculation or intuition that these experiences only happen to those who are not afraid (or in other words those who are awakened to some degree). but im just speculating

Edited by calibrate