Cortex

Acting Fully In The Moment

10 posts in this topic

How would your life look like if you would just doing whatever you want in the moment ? Lived fully in the flow, recognising that the present moment is absolutely the only thing that exists and therefore you should squeeze the most out of it, there would be no missed opportunities because you would want to improve the present moment so much that you would not missed any opportunity to do so 

My life is pretty much like this to the point that I have to set alarms as a reminder of many things I will have to do, because my episodic memory is weak. Often times when I would just chill, listen to music, watch videos there are periods of like few hours where I don't have any verbalized thoughts. 

"Buddhism is for losers and those who will die one day."

-- Kenneth Folk

People are already doing what they want in the moment. I think the issue is whether they are actually conscious of the moment instead of using the present to fantasize about the "past" and "future" which are ultimately fictions of their mind. It's about becoming conscious of this though.

18 hours ago, Cortex said:

How would your life look like if you would just doing whatever you want in the moment ? Lived fully in the flow, recognising that the present moment is absolutely the only thing that exists and therefore you should squeeze the most out of it, there would be no missed opportunities because you would want to improve the present moment so much that you would not missed any opportunity to do so 

What are you squeezing? Why do you want to improve the moment? The moment is not a problem that needs to be improved

@Caterpillar

And what reason do you have a brain? There are different ways of using it. Many of those ways are merely distractions. 

@Cortex I want to know how can I be fully in the present and don’t focus on stuff which drag me away from present... I just want to study and study a lot... but the thing is my negative thought swipe me away ?

?IngitScooby ?

I've also wanna know, but I live sometimes very in the moment, when I am for example at some important event, or when I enjoy some beautiful sunset, or when I am in a beautiful place, but the funny thing is that even when I live then fully in the moment I feel that I could be in this moment even more, because I know that this moment cannot last forever 

I think that enlightenment would do it, for example you are walking on a beautiful beach, and look at a beautiful sunset, there is almost no one there, because you are far away from exit, you enjoy this beautiful moment so much, and then you take some 5meo-dmt :D, I must try it in the future, and do it in a beautiful moment like this